1,701 results
All reviews beach elevator dunkin donuts lauderdale by the sea hot tub winn dixie pool area valet parking plenty of lounge chairs beach access nice pool coffee maker las olas water taxi tiki concierge ft microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Currently here at the hotel, outdated and impossible to sleep..place is loud and the blinds do NOT even block the sun.. not to mention there is no water around have to walk to get a primary need..almost third world place..definitely a 1.5/5 star.
Stay away

Trip type: Traveled with family
Paul C, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Sorry that we did not meet your expectation, however we have just completed a multi million dollar renovation with new bathrooms, carpeting and furniture. There are many outlets available for water. Please check with us to see how we can make your stay better.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is in a very convenient area especially if you want to drive to Miami or drive north to Palm Beach. Its very clean and the rooms are nice, just a bit dated but the bathroom is renovated, and the beds are comfortable. The balconies arent private but all have a great view of the ocean. We wanted to say a big thank you to Eddie, the concierge, he was extremely helpful with his advice and gave us discount coupons for Miami tours, he was always friendly and remembered our names each time we talked. He was a great help to us and we really appreciate it, unfortunately the other concierge there was not as helpful and did not offer any discount coupons when we mentioned the same Miami tours, so I would definitely only deal with Eddie, he was very knowledgeable!! The hotel is also in a very convenient area for coffee, small restaurants and grocery stores. This hotel is definately a good choice to stay at for touring around the area.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We greatly appreciate the great rating and nice words about cleanliness and friendly service, specifically Eddy.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Ocean Sky Hotel enjoys an excellent location with direct beach access and with easy walking distance to stores and restaurants. The room was spacious, clean (many kudos to housekeeping staff) and comfortable with visibly recent updates. The bathroom was exceptional for a property in this price range (marble shower with dual shower heads). Linens and toiletries were very good quality. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and I felt very welcomed as a guest. The pool is nice, but was very crowded, especially with children, at some times. I thought the hotel was non-smoking , but guests were smoking (vaping?) at the outdoor bar and under the area covered by an awning. I assume this is permitted. It was not a huge issue, and I enjoyed my stay enough to return in the future.

Room tip: Rooms on 5th floor and higher, away from huge rooftop a/c units and parking lot are quieter
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for the great comments on our direct beach location and wonderful compliments on housekeeping and our recent renovations. We pride ourselves on friendliness so we are thankful to hear of that as well. We are most thankful and appreciative to know that you will return in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2019

The hotel private beach was absolutely disgusting. There was trash scattered all over the beach. from things like fishing lures, straws, glass cup, shoe parts, a condom, chip bags, and cigarette butts. When I inquired, twice, about who was to be cleaning the beach, I was told it was housekeeping's job. I never once saw anyone cleaning the beach besides the tractor that was "cleaning" the seaweed. Its sad because all that trash ends up in our oceans and animals mistake the trash for food. There needs to more enforcement and accountability for keeping the "private" beaches clean.

Date of stay: April 2019
Paul C, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

The guests are generally very good about using the trash cans that we provide. We will make sure that we pay more attention to it but we do have staff going out there and picking up any debris.

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

The morning after we checked in, we headed to the beach. I cannot express just how discusting and filthy the beach in front of the hotel was. There were things like straws, shoes, glass cups, a condom, yes you read that right...Chip bags, clothes, a fishing lure and so many other pieces of trash. It was disheartening because that trash ends up in our oceans. I went to the front desk, twice, to no avail. I was told it was housekeeping who was supposed to be cleaning the beach. In the few hours we were at the beach, I never saw anyone come out to clean. I asked for a bag and clothes and told them I would do it myself. The "manager" on duty said she was going to get someone out to clean it. I never saw that happen. Again on day two, there is still trash all over their beach. For the price you pay for a private beach it could at least be clean. All the trash cans on th beach and no one is using them. So sad.

Date of stay: April 2019