“Enjoyable!”

Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort
Ranked #61 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were staying in Ft. Lauderdale for the Tortuga Music Festival that was in town & the staff was very helpful when needed, for example, getting a taxi when needed. When I forgot a special item @ the hotel, I called them to see if they had found it & they did, I asked them to hold it for me if possible because I was a little over an hour away. I was not with my husband when I returned to hotel after a day coming home, a little over an hour away, they treated me with respect, which I was greatful for, I am only 5 foot tall, 135 lbs. Nothing damaged, nothing missing! Valet service was very nice! Hats to Mauricio!

Room Tip: Do your research & it pays off, loved the 9th floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jazzy1990
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

We are just as happy to find a lost item as our guests. Makes us feel great to find something thought lost. Mauricio is a great asset to us and we appreciate your kind words more than you know.
Heard it was a great festival. Hope to see you again next year for the show if not sooner!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I will start off by saying... as humans we have the right to open our mouths and communicate. The only why to get help and resolve issues... you have to communicate. I stayed here from 4/8/2014 til 4/15/2014 and I went alone to rest and have peace...I was rewarded this because I communicated to staff and whatever I ask of them... I received... A closed mouth dont get feed!!!
I say what I mean and mean what I say... I like this hotel because it is right on bus route to entire Fort Lauderdale area...pay 4 dollars and ride all day no more charges...its located near Winn Dixie, Subway,Pizza,gift shops,McDs,Dunkn Donuts and breakfast. Hotel sits right on the ocean and can be heard and seen depending room location. Hotel is only 7-10 min (bus) from open beach front,ppl,fun,food ,shops and more nightlife fun. Hotel will give you what you need and not over charge you for non sense. This hotel is great for entire family...everyone will find something to enjoy here. To management... make yourselves more visible to us...your guest... so we know you All...Never become so work focused that you forget to live and smile. To gain friends we All must show ourselves friendly...take off you heels and loosen your ties and walk out to the guest...It helps to see Hotel Executives smiling as well as your guest. Last thing... I am a Fitness trainer and your gym was nice, just add more heavier weights lolol...nice tho. Anyways I will return to Ocean Sky later this year and will bring others with me. Stay focus on the great services you all have rendered thus far...and everything lacking will find its place. Take Care Rm 500

Room Tip: Its not a Mega Hotel so all rooms are 2mins from beach...just get a room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank Andray P

Thank you for the kind words, feedback and suggestions. I will be happy to meet you on your return visit. It would be a pleasure. Enjoyable to read your review!

Many thanks

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Wonderful place to stay. Came early after a cruise on the Norwegian Getaway and they said the room was ready and we could check in. We were thrilled. Hotel is very clean, comfortable warm atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will defiantly stay there again. They have a laundromat on the second floor which was terrific. Went home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. They have cabana's which were so reasonable that are at the pool and overlook the ocean. Drink and food service. Close walking distance to some fun area. Very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Balcony over looking the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the kind words.

It is our pleasure to have had you stay with us.

All the best.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great place to stay nice pool and beach area concierge was the best thanks Eddie would go back in a minute! Room was clean and had a nice balcony overlooking the ocean
lots of restaurants and shopping near by. We felt safe and walked a lot at night.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for the great words about our cleanliness, safety and friendliness. Very important issues for us. Eddy is a tremendous asset to us.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel staff was not so friendly especially the front desk. Cleaning crew was worse. Concierge was very helpful and restaurant staff was accomodating but there was a huge language barrier with one of the waiters. Bartender was friendly and so was Oscar, the person in charge of renting the chairs and cabanas. Valet staff was very friendly and nice. You would think the cleaning crew would be friendly since they do rely on tips but they were not. I agree with TonySI 100%. Nice hotel for the price, really nice location and nice rooms. A friendlier staff would definately ensure a comeback. Lobby was above average and clean. Coffee set up in the Lobby would definately be a huge addition. Maybe the coffee set-up could be set up at the empty bar in the Lobby. The tables and chairs are already in place and really nice. Beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We pride ourselves on being friendly and we are happy to see that you were pleased with the friendliness of most of our staff.
Thank you for the great comments and rating. It would really be our pleasure to have you back with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel is fine for the price, clean, nice large rooms, great pool, hot tub, beach. There was not a manager on site the entire stay. Most staff did not understand English. everything was leased out so the hotel did not manage parking, activities or the restaurant. Cleaning staff was rude, front desk unorganized. I would stay again just for location and price. Oh yes, and the security guard who chased girls all weekend instead of keeping the locals from using the pool as a Saturday family outing. Saturday was such chaos most people at the pool were not guests, just friends of staff eating meals out of Tupperware. Its sad because the potential here is great.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TonySI
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our great value and that you would stay here again for that reason. However I am not sure how we did not have a Manager for your entire stay as we have a Manager seven days a week. All of our staff is capable of communicating so I don't believe the comment "most staff did not understand English" is fair or accurate or how you are aware of who are the friends of staff.

Hope to meet you personally on a return stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

From the moment that the hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport to our departure, the staff at this establishment was nothing but outstanding. Service was impeccable and the accommodations could not be beat. Eddie was the Concierge and was very helpful in getting everything we needed. (shuttle service to local attractions, tickets, taxi and even a ride to church). The attendants at the pool, beach and patio were nothing but service driven and wanted to do everything possible to make you feel welcomed at their establishment. Bartender at Tiki bar (Mina) was always quick with a story and made you feel like you were long lost friends.

Outside elevator allowed you to go from your room to ocean deck back to room without needing to go through the hotel. This was an added benefit. There were also numerous shops, restaurants, night life activities within easy walking distance of this place. This is an added benefit as you really don't need to rent a car once you are at the hotel.

Our next trip will definitely be booked at this establishment. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone traveling to the Fort Lauderdale area.

Room Tip: All rooms have a partial view of the ocean and a suite has full view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank A C

Thank you for the fantastic review of the property and nice comments on Eddy and Mina. It feels great to read nice comments on service in general as we pride ourselves on that. We believe that a staff that gets along well reflects in their performances. We are happy to have the beach elevator and its easy access to rooms. We are fortunate to have the great location as well as being close to many nice areas of Ft Lauderdale.

We are thrilled to hear that you will be back.