Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort
$379
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$424
$273
Hotwire.com
1,587 results
All reviewsbeach elevatordunkin donutslauderdale by the seahot tubwinn dixiepool deckvalet parkingplenty of lounge chairsvalet servicecoffee makerbeach accessnice poollas olaswater taxitikiconciergeft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently traveled to Ft. Lauderdale for the first time and decided to get a room at the Ocean Sky Resort. I was very pleased with my descision. Once I arrived I was warmly welcomed by the staff and their eagerness to accomidate our needs. Our room was lovely with a GREAT view. When I booked with a "partial view" I was expecting a very minimal view. I was surprised by our view from the 4 th floor and was pleased by what I had for a week. The bed as well as the sheets were very comfortable. The staff was exceptional. The bartender Riz was a great guy and the food service waiter was so charming. He knew who we were after one visit. and remembered us for the remainder of our stay. The hotel is litterly on the beach and the pool was perfect. The beach area was littered a bit with sea weed and trash where as the neighboring hotels had the beaches cleaned every morning. The Beach attendant was helpful but didnt seem to be enjoying his job ( he wasnt rude but more blah). the hotel is located from walking distance from stores and eating locations. The food price was a bit much but the food quantity was a lot. The housekeeping staff was excellent and very nice. If we left something on the floor or clothing on the bed we would come back and it would be folded on our clean bed or dresser. I was very surprised to see a microwave and refrigerator in our room as this made it easy to store leftovers and drinks for our stay.
I think the only draw back I had with our stay would have to be with the showers. Our shower had very little pressure and it made for difficult bathing, espescially if we had sand on us. We had a better chance of rinsing off by the bath tub or taking 30 min showers. Another thing I noticed was that the beach towls were a bit worn and the price of the beach equipment was a bit steep. The internet connection did not work at all and as I am a student, it made it hard to study. When we called about the connection problem, we were not contacted as promised. This was not a deal breaker for us as we were on vacaiton. I did notice there were a bit of small bugs in our room but not enough to annoy our stay
I would have to say next time I visit Ft. Lauderdale I will be checking into this hotel again and requesting the same room...My stay was GREAT and even considering getting married there as well.

2  Thank Melinda S
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words about the hotel and staff and in particular, Rizzo. It is amazing the ocean views that you have from each room, even the lower floors as you mentioned. We are thankful that you stayed with us and it would be a huge pleasure to have you get married here as well!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed 10/12/12-10/15/12
We were a little weary heading in this past weekend. We had noticed a hanfull of bad reviews from about a week prior to our trip. But happy to say there were no issues. Hotel and room was clean. Grounds were nice and well kept. Eddy at the Tiki bar was awesome! Hotel location was great, right on the beach and central to anything else you could possibly need. Only real complaint was having to pay to park. I can see charging in the lot if your just there to use the beach but guests of the hotel shouldn't be required. That being said we are already looking forward to next yrs trip!

Room Tip: Views from the balcony are better if you have a room toward the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We look forward to seeing you next year as well. Thank you for the great words about the hotel, staff and especially Eddy. It really means alot to all of us to read these great comments.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

WE spent a summer vacation at OCEAN SKY RESORT with the whole family for 10 days over the 4th of july week..Then in AUGUST i decided to take my granddaugter on a vacation of our own i am 70 years old and she is 13.we are very close and i like to spend time with her because it keeps me young.. I told her she could pick any where in the usa that she wanted to go and she said lets go to nyc and then to ft. lauderdale to the same place we went in july(OCEAN SKY) and when i asked her why her reply was that she had never been to new york and that ocean sky was the best location in ftlauderdale if you want to spend time at the beach and besides that the rooms were very clean and the people treated her so nice that she felt so safe and she didnt want to go to a different hotel.,Now coming from a 13 year old i think thats a pretty good recomendation. We wound up in nyc for 5 days and back at Ocean Sky for 8 moe days in aug..We both cant wait for our next vacation so we can return Every time we go back they make more improvements some small and some big but always better.This visit they improve the quality of the towels at the pool and the rooms and they were in the process of upgrading the elevators. we would like to give thanks to everyone from the parking valets to the top manager and special thanks to the conciege Eddy for making our stay special. .

Room Tip: Try to get a room faceing south but all rooms have an ocean view and a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Your granddaughter sounds very special! If I haven't met you previously, then I hope that I do after reading this very nice story. Thank you as well for the nice comments about staff and especially Eddy who fills alot of roles on the property. We appreciate that you recognize all the improvements and our hope is that returning guests notice something new on every visit.

All the best.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our experience was excellent starting with our first contact with Vanessa Wells Sales Mgr, who was very responsive and attentive to our needs and special request for our meeting and stay at the Ocean Sky. All the staff at the hotel were friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed. The hotel itself was pleasant, clean, had it own private beach, pool and even a Tiki bar. The price and overall location and efficiency made it an excellent value, Several of our team members decided to extend to farther enjoy their stay, the famous Beach Place is only 10 minutes away and Lauderdale by the Sea, 5 minutes away. The staff went out of their way to make our stay excellent. location is great and we had a great time. I will return and will highly recommend this hotel to others; the price value for a hotel on the beach is Ex

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Orietta F

We remember your group well and thank you for selecting us for your stay. We thank you for the kind words and comments concerning our excellent location and service, especially the compliments for Vanessa. We hope to see you again over the years.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time, and would definitely return.
The location was perfect. We enjoyed the beach, pool, and hot tub daily.
Our room was comfortable. There was a partial view of the ocean from our balcony
which was still beautiful and relaxing. Cecilia(front desk Manager), and the rest of the
staff was friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again when we
vacation in Florida.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are grateful to have had you as our guests, Natasha J and Carley B! Those are very nice comments about Cecilia and the staff. We thank you so much as we share the comments with everyone. It would be our pleasure to have you as regular, return guests.