Just like my title says " Resort it's Not!". The Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort was more like a standard beachside motel. Rates fluctuated between $99 - $260 a night for the Labor Day weekend. My family spent the weekend and each one of our rooms although exactly the same had different rates. Item's which made this stay less than a Resort were the $12 a day Valet or Self-parking fee from an outside vendor even though they're set up at the properties entrance. Double lounge chairs AKA Cabanas rented for $40, once again from outside vendor that is actually on the "resorts" poolside property. They also rent waverunners and beach umbrellas at an additional charge. I've stayed at many resorts and from my experience a resort includes all of these onsite amenities and don't nickel and dime you for pool or beach lounge chairs. To me a cabana is a private/ semi private temporary or permanent free standing shade structure with curtains, decorative drapes and/or solid walls not a double lounge chairs with an umbrella so to charge $40 rental fee is so NOT a Resort thing to do. Another issue at this property was the lack of security. A fist fight started pool side in the early evening between drunk guests and I think they sent someone from the front desk. Smoking is not permitted in the rooms and they have a sign stating that if housekeeping finds a cigarette you'll be find $150 but I guess cannabis doesn't fall into that category as it was being smoked on my floor. Not a good thing when there's children. Lack of ice was another issue. Ice machines were only available on odd floors but you couldn't find any ice. All of the machines were always empty. Final issue was the Valet. Family members that checked in late paid the valet person cash yet at time of check-out they didn't remember taking the cash and quickly added it to the room. To avoid this add the valet fee to your room and DON'T PAY the Valet in CASH! Anyhow, if you decide to stay at this so called "Resort" just keep in mind of the nickel and diming you'll be faced with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach, Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort is perfectly situated minutes away from major attractions, restaurants and shopping. Rooms are equipped with mini-refrigerators, microwaves, hair-dryers, in room safes and coffee-makers. All standard rooms have a side-ocean view and open air balcony. Oceanfront view, 1 bedroom suites are also available. Our large pool deck features an oversized jacuzzi, heated pool, tiki bar and water sports. The resort also has an indoor/outdoor restaurant, fitness center, gift shop and mini golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort
- Ocean Sky Resort
- Ocean Sky Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada