“7 days of Fun and Relaxation”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Great place to stay and have Fun- Clean Ocean Beach or Pool - Sun Bathing
First Class Tiki Bar and Resturant - Great Service
Had a nice one bedroom Suite with living room and kitchenette.
Did lots of walking day and night- safe nieghborhood
Lots of shopping within walking distance.
Hotel Staff was very helpful.
New Shushi Resturant under construction and should be ready in Jan-Feb.
Can't wait to return again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,174)

Reviewed December 18, 2009

for $65 a night (Standard Room) this was a great place to stay compared to other motels in the area that charge about the same. The hotel is undergoing a remodel but the rooms are already done from what I saw from peaking into other rooms when housekeeping was cleaning. The room(rm.409) was very nice, hardwood floors, king size bed, closet, cable t.v.(70 channels), coach, second single bed, city view, soap, shampoo, lotion, micro., and refrigerator but no safe in the closet(never had a problem). The bed was good(firm) and the three pillows were different comfort levels(2 Fluffy, one firm and thin)The hallways going to room are still worn down but once you open your door it's a new world.
The lobby is undergoing a remodel and it looks a little rough on the edges but there making an effort and putting in a new sushi restruant, deck, and repainting. There is a free computer to use and you print pages for a $1.00 if needed. Valet is$9.00 a day or as I found out on the last day you can park across the street in their lot for a one-time fee of $7.00 but I did neither and just parked in the shopping mall across the street and had no problems. Housekeeping was good but they clean the rooms in the afternoon.

The bar is popular and I did see Dennis Rodman there enjoying the bar(found out he is a regular), the beach is awesome, the pool had sand on the bottom but what can you expect being next to the beach. The food they served looked good but I never tried it due to the fact that as you walk to the pool the kitchen door is always open and it looked really outdated and dirty. The bar drinks are great and the service is friendly throughout the hotel. Overall this place caters to the older crowd and a more laid back drinking crowd who enjoys a nice friendly place to hang out. I would go back and recommend it if your the kind of person who can look past the age of the hotel and enjoy what it has to offer(clean rooms, awesome beach, and friendly people).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I had a birthday party here and could not have picked a more perfect spot! The prices and service were beyond compare for any other venue on the beach. Our suite was over the top and each one of our guests were happy with their rooms and very impressed with the cleanliness and the amenities.

Can't wait to see the new restaurant and bar after the renovations are complete!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I'm here for 3 nights, read the reviews and was very apprehensive. Just reporting in that this place is great! Probably the tackiest hotel I've ever stayed in, everything negative has been said before .... but there are so many good things ... the staff is just amazingly friendly and sweet and VERY good at their jobs. The food at the Tiki Bar is terrific. The room is big enough for one person to relax in. The beach is right there and comfy walking with no shells & rocks to tiptoe over. The a/c is strong, the bed is good, complimentary wireless in the lobby ... and it costs a whole $99 a night for a balcony on the ocean. Save your luxury wants for another place, Ocean Manor is basic and a very good value. I am just delighted with it.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I arrived on Dec 6 ,the room was $86 through an agent(jet blue/hotels.com) and we paid $40 for an ocean view upgrade at check in.The room was shabby ,a lot of chips and cracks on the furniture ,the grout in the bathroom was a bit dirty,there was a build up of dust behind the beds but since we were checking out on Dec 8 we decided to just live with it , but we did'nt think it was worth the $ 40 upgrade. I called the front desk for someone to come up and check the damage in the room because Idid'nt want to get blamed for it, after 20 minutes no one came so I went to the front desk. The lady there was offended because I wanted to complain she said for" $ 46 what are you complaining about ,you're on the ocean ."I told her that i did'nt pay $46 and the point is, the condition of the room is sub standard.( i later learned from the manager that when the room is booked through a third party $46 is what they get for my room) .She went to the back and when she returned she said the manager said he is not reducing the price of the room.I said give me my money back and I'll check out ,she said oh so you want a free room! I had only been there 1.5 hrs, I asked for the manager ,then she took a ten minute phone call and had me standing there ,when she was done I asked ,can i see the manager now,she rudely said go around to the back . I then asked will i be able to see the manager ,again she said go around to the back at that point I was angry and my voice was raised. she said go around to the side you're causing a scene ,I then said the room is filthy and you are telling me that I can't complain. She then said i won't talk to you any more you 're wasting my time and shouting.Her voice was raised and so was mine but no one was shouting but i was very firm with my demands. I then asked her if i was being treated this way because of my skin color.to which she had no answer .i walked to the back and the manager was there waiting,the woman did'nt have the common sense to say walk to the back and the manager would be waiting, the manager was pleasant .he listened to my story,he apologized for the whole situation ,he refunded the upgrade and gave me two cards for 2 for 1 drinks at the bar. A rude and disrespectfull and poorly trained employee can cost a business its reputation and lots of money. I know that they won't be getting my money again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Just got home from long Thanksgiving weekend of R + R
Want to give thanks to Michael and Richard....for all their help in making
weekend special...great time, great location and great new friends

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loveftlaud
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I have noticed all the low marks on this property, and frankly, I do not understand them. We stayed there for 5 weeks in Oct/Nov 09, rented one of the privatly owned condos (http://tours4.vht.com/STD/T50013638/nobranding) . Unit was clean and supernice. Shure this property is old, but it has a charm with it's age, kind of like Old Bahamas. Very nice pool area with a big Tiki-bar. Lively every night. And yes, you will have to pay $3 for a lounge chair on the beach, big deal. If this offends you, stay in the pool area, everything is free and you are 10 steps from the beach. In 5 weeks we did not meet any unfriendly staff and yes, there is valet parking, but you can park across the street your self. The negative stuff is that there might be a little noisy at weekends, lots of people at the Tiki-bar. Ask for a unit facing west and you will hear nothing from the Pool area.We rented from owner at [--]

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple