“Made my vacation complete!”

Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ohio
“Made my vacation complete!”
Reviewed March 21, 2005

When I booked the Ocean Manor at a great bargain, I never expected to find the gorgeous accomodations I was met with. We drove up to a beautiful fountain outside, was met by a very curteous valet man (free valet for anyone staying at the hotel) and walked into an impressive marble lobby. The staff was more than helpful and check-in was a breeze. Our ocean front room had a spectacular view of the grand piano shaped pool and the ocean. The room was very spacious and clean. The balcony became my favorite place to eat when room service brought up some surprisingly good quiche. We spent our days by the pool, sipping on great umbrella topped frozen drinks made by my now favorite bartender Kevin. Directly across the street was a bunch of shopping and we had no need to leave the area, everything was right there! We had an excellent stay and would recommend Ocean Manor to all of our friends and family.

4 Thank momsfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Indiana University
Reviewed March 20, 2005

After a brief overbooking problem, the management got us into a 2br 2ba suite that was immaculate and very well kept up. Management was hesitant to treat us with respect, as we were college spring breakers, but as we did not rely much on service from management, it was not an issue. The location is great for anything you want to do in FTL, it is directly on the beach, within walking distance to local eateries and shops. It is only a 10 dollar cab ride or a free shuttle ride to the public beach and nightlife. The beach itself in front of the hotel is a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the town. Even with a large number of spring breaking college students, the beach remained a laid back, relaxing atmosphere.

Synopsis- service-average location-great cleanliness-above average value good

5 Thank iudj1121
Reviewed March 19, 2005

I have to suggest dining at Aruba and Athena by The Sea in the commercial district. Both have a great selection and reasonable prices. The Greek rest even had saganoki-OPA! But DO NOT stay at the Ocean Manor Beach Resort, words cannot express how unbelievably bad that experience was, at minimum unsafe and unclean, at maximum totally deceptive practices and web-page. It was very difficult and costly to find other accomodations during spring break. Everyone their was disatisfied, most other guests were also checking out!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chicago
Reviewed March 3, 2005

dont walk...run from this hotel...nastiest rooms....filthy. patio door would not open.stuck. extension cords running through room. toilet paper holder broken. hair dryer electric wires hanging out.ice machine is in the dark dingy basement with no security. one might ask why we didnt ask to be moved to another room? this was our 2nd room. you should have seen the 1st room. i think the problem is that management doesnt care.complaining does no good. they are just like "tough, go somewhere else"

5 Thank msc61
Reviewed February 27, 2005

I stayed at the Ocean Manor Hotel with friends while we were trying to plan my sister's wedding and am still in shock over the way we were treated. First of all, when we arrived at the hotel at 12 am after traveling all day they didn't have a room for us. Meanwhile I had called and confirmed our reservations two times in the week before we left and once the day before we left. They shoved us in a tiny room for the night and promised we'd be in our room the next morning. The room was disgusting, dirty, there was no hot water, and there was pee and a wad of gum in the toilet. When we woke up, we went to breakfast in the restaurant and it took nearly an hour for our food to come out and when it finally arrived we had to send two of the orders back. After that fiasco I went to the desk to see what was happening with our new room and the clerk told me rudely that WE had to schlep all of our things to their office and lock them in there while they found us a room (he also informed me that they would NOT be held liable if anything happened to our stuff while it was in THEIR office). When I asked for a luggage cart they told me to walk the halls until I found one. NOT HELPFUL. Because of all these hold-ups we were late to our first appointment for the wedding and then in turn missed one and were late for the rest. Later that day I called to talk to someone about our room and they never called me back. Finally when we arrived back, the owner, Frank, was there and was obviously irritated when we arrived. I told him how poorly we had been treated and he surely didn't care. He tried to make us pay for the night before and when I told him that a different manager had already said it was free, he said "consider yourselves happy." I didn't feel very happy. He was very rude and I had to do everything possible to restrain myself from screaming at him. Julia, another hotel employee, was equally rude and reminded me that I was "talking to the owner of the hotel" so I guess I was supposed to shut up and be impressed by that, I'm not sure. Anyway, long story short, we overheard Frank saying that he wanted to slap us in our faces and then he kicked us out of the hotel for being disrespectful. It took us a while to find another room, but we did and it was gorgeous (Embassy Suites at Deerfield Beach). I have never been treated so badly in my life by anyone. I am always pretty understanding with such things, but this was ridiculous. Every guest that we came in contact with at the hotel was equally disgusted by their experiences. Don't take your chances with this place!! PLEASE DON"T STAY HERE!!!

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 26, 2005

As we prepare for our annual trip to FL, we reflect on where we stayed last year and decide where to stay this year. NOT AT THIS PLACE!!! It was worse than HORRIBLE! Even after a year, we still have nothing good to say. My husband booked it off of Travelocity, thinking that if they recommended it, it must be good. NOT! When we checked in, which took forever, and went up to our room, we immediately called the front desk and told them this was not what we expected, did they have a decent room, we were told they were full! We didn't even want to sleep in the beds, in fact, our daughters slept in their clothes! When we asked for a roll away bed, they delivered a "bed" that looked to be from a third world country! AND charged us for it!! Wonder if Fort Lauderdale, Housing Authority, Sanitation Services, BBB, Chamber of Commerce, ever takes a hard look at what's being sold as a form of advertising for them, if it counted on this place, they'd be a ghost town.

• Stayed January 2005