“Stay in unit 816! Private owner.”

Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston,MA
“Stay in unit 816! Private owner.”
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I found the unit on vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner).
You can email the owner directly at [--].

We stayed in her unit, eight floor, corner, with two sides of the unit having huge windows that open to let in the glorious breeze and the sound of the crashing waves.
The unit had two master bedrooms and two bathrooms, galley kitchen, large room with dining table and living room area, TV, DVD player, stereo. Just beautifully decorated, very clean, comfortable and luxurious. One master bedroom has an entire wall (floor to ceiling) of glass - what a view!

The valet parking is free, you just have to tip.

We ate at local restarants and went shopping at the supermarket accross the street. We did order a large pizza (which was huge) from the restarant in the lobby.

The beach attendant charges to use the chairs and umbrellas on the beach and was rude. If you want to use your own chairs/umbrellas or lay out a beach blanket, you have to walk to the beach at the next property (which was much less crowded and no one tries to make you pay to use it.)

The pool was big enough, the chairs were adequate, the pool/beach towels were worn out (ripped and frayed) and hard to come by after 11am.

This corner unit was listed (one like it) for sale for $650K with a $900/month condo fee. I can't beleive that they can't afford to get nice towels and enough staff at the pool to always have enough towels available.

Despite the lack of towels and having to use the adjacent beach, we would go back to room 816 again. The owner is so gracious and made the extra effort to make sure our experience with her went smoothly.

• Liked — The condo was roomy and beautiful, with amazing view. The pool and beach were right there.
  • Disliked — You have to pay to rent a chair on the crowded beach and pool attendant would rather work the beach chair sale then see that we had towels at the pool. Towels were pitiful.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Memphis, TN
Reviewed May 2, 2008

My wife and I went down to Ft. Lauderdale to see the Bon Jovi show. We have been to South Florida many times, and this was by far the best beachfront experience we have had. Hotel was a GREAT price for a King/efficiency with a huge balcony overlooking the Atlantic and pool area. The Tiki Bar is a great value for food and lots of fun all day until late night. Mixed Drinks are strong but high at $8 and Beer is high at $4.50(they add the gratuity on to the drink price) We just walked to Winn Dixie and picked up some Beer for the Beach and had NO problems. Pig Out BBQ on Sundays is fantastic. They are remodeling but we were never bothered by any of that. I Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2008
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I will be blunt,

We booked thru expedia.ca

- no door for the bathroom when we arrived.
- one bed fell to the floor when we arrived
- the other bed phone books were used to make it stand
- bathroom counter tiles came apart also when we arrived

- pool was great
- beach was nice and clean.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sojoly1889
Northern Illinois
Reviewed May 1, 2008

To start off with, the staff at check-in were rude. The lobby area smelled of smoke even though it said "no smoking". We rented an efficiency room for $25.00 more so we could have a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator. We went to our room and it was shabby to say the least. A three-light light fixture above the sink had no light bulbs at all. The T.V. Remote did not work and it had the batteries taped in with electrical tape. It really looked tacky. On the wall where the T.V. was located was a water damage area that went from the top of the ceiling to the floor and the picture that was on the wall had fallen off and was propped against the wall there. In the bathroom, someone had removed the toilet paper dispenser and the roll of tissue was sitting on the floor. The floor had grit on it that made my white socks look black on the bottom. The Connie Francis lock on the front door was broken and the bottom lock was loose. I asked for another room. They had none. I asked to have the stuff fixed and they could only fix the T.V. remote and they poorly fixed the door locks. When I complained at the front desk I was given a "We're sorry", BUT it was said in a way that was hard to believe. I told them I was going to write a negative review and the man at the desk said, "Go ahead". So here it is. Never again for this dump.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank PeterCal
BOSTON
Reviewed April 30, 2008

What can I say......the location of this hotel is just great! Nothing better than strolling out of the hotel and being able to walk right down to beach.......Oh, but dont forget to stop at the tiki bar for a drink..drinks are much bigger than the other bar next door and same price. If you forgot to get your drink on your way to the beach, no problem, they have someone that will come down on the beach and take your order....we had Angel as our server and all I can say is very pleasant and quick service. We went down as a group of 12 and had 5 rooms ( all for the best rate $89 ). While we all had different rooms for $89 there were no complaints, as a matter of fact 3 of the rooms were enormous with one of them being a suite. Frank is very hands on, always see him helping out morning, noon & night and also very personable. The tiki bar at night is always hopping and our server Dan was very friendly. Cant wait until next year!

• Liked — Location & Tiki Bar
  • Disliked — Elevators
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Ocean City, MD
Reviewed April 28, 2008

I stayed at the Ocean Manor Resort Hotel in Feb. 2008 and was extremely happy with everything! The tiki bar/restaurant was fun- lots of great people and good food and drinks! The hotel staff were friendly and real helpful. Very helpful actually- they were accomodating with all my requests. The hotel was apparently being remodeled, but I wasn't bothered by any construction. I had a terrific room that was nice and clean with a great ocean view and kitchenette. I was surpirsed with the low price when it had everything I was looking for- oceanfront, near everything, fun outside bar/restaurant, friendly staff and clean too! I felt very lucky to have found this place on the internet and pleasantly surprised to find things so good when compared to such a reasonable price! I will definately go back to this place.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vickief1998
indiana
Reviewed April 28, 2008

I am a travel agent and went there for a review. The front desk tried to charge me double but I had my reservations along. The doors stuck and the rooms were dirty. The maid service was awful and were very rude, I asked for towels 5 times before just getting them myself off there cart. We had no washcloths or handtowels the whole time we were there. If you feel like being treated terrible and just going there to drink, than by all means go. If this is for a family or for couples stay away!!. I will not ever book this hotel for any of my clients because they wouldn't ever call me again. Terrible, terrible place!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — the ocean
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)