“The worst hotel ever!”

Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Tarzana
“The worst hotel ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The lobby, the hallways, the elevators and the rooms are disgusting, they stunk! Hallways are only partially carpeted. The bed was broken, the bathroom was dirty, the door did not close, there was no hair dryer, there was no bed spread, the shower stall was disgusting, the lamp shades did not fit, the paint was a disaster, the TV was from last Century! I could not sleep all night because of the noise from the bar. DO NOT waste your money!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank iac777
manager4040, Manager at Ocean Manor Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I would like to assure anyone coming to stay at our resort that our Lobby, Hallways and Elevators all get cleaned twice a day. Yes, our hallways are partially carpeted because we have installed new tile landings at every floor by the elevators. Most of our rooms have new pillowtop mattresses so I am unaware of any broken bed. Most of our rooms have wall mounted hairdryers and we always have extra ones available upon request. All of our rooms have comforters on the bed and we also have extra blankets available upon request. WE have been converting most of our rooms to shower stalls which have all been renovated in the past 2 years. We are currently in the process of renovating all our rooms which we call our signature rooms and we are presently over 50 % complete. I am sorry you felt Our resort was not satisfactory for you. Please in the future and anyone else coming to stay at our resort. contact me personally if you are having any issues during your stay. I assure you we will resolve them. In the future please inquire when making reservations about availability for a signature room

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I just have to say the Ocean Manor Hotel and Resort in Fort Lauderdale is a great place to stay and have a great time.The hotel is right on the beach in Fort Lauderdale and they have the best Tiki Bar I have been to in this area of Florida .The food is out of this world from there great breakfast to start the day and watch the sunrise and when its time for lunch or dinner there food is even better.They have the best out door BBQ grill and there is so much to choose from there menu.They also have a out of this world sushi restaurant, Tokyo Blue..with great food and great drinks you dont even have to leave the resort. After reading some of the remarks on tripadvisor I was not sure if i wanted to stay there but after talking to friends and famliy that have been there before and they loved it I had to see it for myself,I have to say I had such a great time I found my new HOME away from HOME!!!.what more do you need on vacation ,great food drinks and being right on the beach..Im glad i listend to my friends and went there..

1 Thank kamal1986
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Whether your looking for a place to spend your south Florida vacation or are a local looking for a great new spot Ocean Manor Resort is the place to be! My boyfriend and I have stayed many times now and always have a blast! From the tiki bar on the beach to the beautiful and tasty sushi restaurant Tokyo Blue everything here is a success. The rooms are clean, the bar staff is great, the sushi is the best and the over all ambiance makes you feel right at home! I highly recommend Ocean Manor to everyone!

1 Thank ROchelle89
LEES SUMMIT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

They promised roll in shower and they had no handicapped rooms at all.The property was under construction that was definitely needed, the front deck staff tried to help but if the rooms are not accessible they are not accessible!! They also dont want to give a full refund when they blatantly lied to me when I inquired about the room when I was booking it. I would never return even if they paid me to come and stay!!!

4 Thank ROBERT L
Philly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Location is great, and the building exterior looked good. The room, 203, was a nightmare ! We booked it through Hotwire and called them & email pics ... One bare bulb for lighting, broken tile floor, vertical blinds with more blinds missing than present .... Horrible. Stay clear of this place. Huge inconvenience for us to move ...

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank tripperPhilly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

When we pulled up to the hotel we were excited. It was on the beach and very pretty outside, in the lobby, and in the restaurant and club. But it ended there. The room we had was extremely small, no towels, wires hanging out of the walls and no pictures or anything on the walls. It also looked like a third grader painted the room. We brought our little 8lb dog with us so maybe the rooms for guests with pets are different then those without. But ours was terrible. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank IMoody630
Peyton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

DO NOT waste your money!!!! It was a nightmare. The room was disgusting, it stunk, the bed was broken and a board had been nailed to it to try and fix it. It was dirty the out side door did not lock it had been broken into and they had jimmy'd it, the bathroom door did not close, there was no hair dryer, the toliet paper holder was broken, there was burn holes in the bed spread, there was (x#?) on the bed spread, there were no pictures and there were bad places in the walls, the bathtub was disgusting(I wouldn't even take a shower), the lamp shades did not fit, there was no towel racks, the paint job was a disaster, the TV was a dinosaur and no service, need I say more?!!! I did not sleep all night, I cried!! We had to stay one night b/c it was so late.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family