“Worst Hotel I have ever visited, DON'T GO THERE”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #24 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been to over 50 countries in the last 25 years. THIS IS LITERALLY the worst place on price/quality of service value. I stayed in a bamboo hut in India and at Burj Al Arab as well.
Ocean Manor: you pay $5 deposit for beach towel. Pool is open until 8:00 pm. Guy in charge leaves at 4:00 pm!!! and you never get the money back!! Reception said, they are different operators, they can't help! Stupid me, prepaid 10 days. Cleaning was not done at all 3 times, other times they missed a few things, once no toilet paper, once no tissues, no new towel. Overall very dirty room. Door lock was broken, hard to open or close the door. Internet service not working in the room, they say the guarantee only at pool or lobby. I moved there with my laptop, still it was EXTREMLY slow, and disconnected every 5 min ( once during online credit card payment )
Misleading information in laundry, shows one dryer two different prices.
I made written report, request to talk to manager Mr. Mike Lang. Never met him, never called me, although I left my phone number.

Room Tip: Don't ever think of going there, not a good place to stay
4  Thank Gregory M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I guess anyone can make the best of their time here but know that the bad reviews are TRUE. Bathtub was nasty and room was smelly, dingy and ugly. Front desk was helpful to get another room which was considerably better. (Good thing I checked in early before all the rooms were taken.) The new room had the fridge and microwave in the closet, dresser had a leg missing and was held up by styrofoam. The tv cable wires were too short so the cable box was dangling in mid air and we had to prop between the lamp and tv to change channels. No coffee pot but we had thankfully brought our own. (The breaker tripped when trying to make coffee.) I think this place was a condo converted to hotel so some doors don't have numbers but are written in magic marker by the door jamb ... so you have to look good. The ocean view was great from our room and the location too. Tokyo Blue restaurant was great, we ate there twice and used the coupons that were given to us at check in. Valet didn't help with luggage and was mandatory $7 a day. There is NO free parking. Tiki bar has okay food, nothing spectacular. The beach access and pool were good and definitely the best feature. Beach towels are $5 deposit ... I don't remember how much it was to rent the beach chairs (tacky). After booking, I read some horrendous reviews and was a bit scared. I killled a German roach in our bathroom and then saw some more while waiting for the elevator. We made the best of our stay only bc we read reviews prior to staying and knew not to expect much. There's no fitness center, no jacuzzi. The front desk staff was accommodating and the Tokyo Blue staff was exceptional. You have to come expecting little because that's what you get here. IL Lugano is down the street and is a BEAUTIFUL classy new hotel accommodations with spectacular views although the pool is small. We had stayed the year before and were VERY PLEASED... after getting a good deal thru Book It. But as for Ocean Manor Roach Resort... NO MORE>

Room Tip: Get there early at check in so if you don't like you're room, you can ask front desk to get...
4  Thank Lucky L
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love ocean manor is a great place I love the view it is great the ocean and pool is very attractive the pool is great and huge I love the ocean too it has some great waves it is a some Oh one more thing Tokyo blue is amazing I love there food it is so good you just have to go to the lobby it's so easy instead of getting in your car

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bri22222
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Although the hotel is being renovated, it still has a long way to go. The corridor smelled of cigarette and pets (it is a pet friendly hotel), the carpet was worn out, there were mismatched doors to the rooms, and room numbers were written with a permanent marker! The nicest thing in the room itself was the flat screen tv on the wall. Otherwise, the mattresses were old and lumpy and the furniture was very worn with scratches and marks all over it. The bathroom appeared to be renovated, however, the ceiling had patches where the new recessed lights had been installed. One night we came back to a leaking ceiling in the bathroom and on the morning we were leaving found that a portion of the ceiling had fallen into the sink. They definitely have A LOT more work to do!

3  Thank Tippy574
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Who said you need to fly out to have a great vacation. I live in South Florida and wanted to stay local and close to the beach. A friend recommended the Ocean Manor as a great place to stay at a reasonable price. I stayed in one of the newly renovated suite and I had a great time. Staff was friendly, room was clean and the beach was great. The amazing thing about this place is that I didn't have to leave to go anywhere. They had a great Asian fusion restaurant on the premises.

I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a vacation or staycation option to try this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andre K
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff at the Ocean Manor are very friendly and helpful. I have stayed here several times and was never disppointed. When in Fort Lauderdale I always call here first. It is in a wonderful location. It is a perfect place for families with children. It is my favorite Hotel and will definitely continue to make reservation at the Ocean Manor.

Room Tip: Full kitchen rooms which is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kim d
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is being upgraded daily, which is a good thing.

Our stay for the week was in room 808 which is wonderful. The view of the ocean from the balcony is breath taking no matter what time we looked out. The studio itself was phenomenal also. The studio is independently owned and the owner, Ellen, is always available, very easy to deal with and was a great help to us.

The room itself was exceptionally clean and modern. The kitchen is fully equipped and large. The refrigerator is king size and there are loads of pure wood cabinets. Lots of extras. The bed was sublime, king size Posturpedic foam. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi with its bubbles and lights. All in all the studio was amazing.

Also, Ellen keeps secure, for room 808 only internet access and has a 42" WIFI TV. I can go on and on, but I think you get the picture that I had a great time.

Room Tip: When you travel to the Ocean Manor, rent through an Independent Owner and not through the hotel or o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple