“Perfect Beach Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, Florida
“Perfect Beach Hotel”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff at the Ocean Manor are very friendly and helpful. I have stayed here several times and was never disppointed. When in Fort Lauderdale I always call here first. It is in a wonderful location. It is a perfect place for families with children. It is my favorite Hotel and will definitely continue to make reservation at the Ocean Manor.

Room Tip: Full kitchen rooms which is nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kim d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Croton on Hudson, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is being upgraded daily, which is a good thing.

Our stay for the week was in room 808 which is wonderful. The view of the ocean from the balcony is breath taking no matter what time we looked out. The studio itself was phenomenal also. The studio is independently owned and the owner, Ellen, is always available, very easy to deal with and was a great help to us.

The room itself was exceptionally clean and modern. The kitchen is fully equipped and large. The refrigerator is king size and there are loads of pure wood cabinets. Lots of extras. The bed was sublime, king size Posturpedic foam. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi with its bubbles and lights. All in all the studio was amazing.

Also, Ellen keeps secure, for room 808 only internet access and has a 42" WIFI TV. I can go on and on, but I think you get the picture that I had a great time.

Room Tip: When you travel to the Ocean Manor, rent through an Independent Owner and not through the hotel or o...
2 Thank Ellen B
Chicago
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Before we travel anywhere, we do a lot of research and even though there were a couple of negative reviews we picked Ocean Manor Resort. Thank goodness! What a location, a wonderful room (it looks like there has been a lot of room renovation as we spoke with several couples and they were pleased with their rooms as well) GREAT service (Tony, the Food and Beverage mgr from Italy is a true professional and just plain Fabulous! We found out later he is a master chef and has owned his own restaurants), the Beach access--literally steps from the rooms (Having spent a good deal of time in Ft. Lauderdale we understand beach access for a hotel is ultra important) and the pool and (drum roll please...) The Tiki Bar!
Tiki Bar? You may not think this is a big deal after all you would think there are tons of Tiki Bars on the beach in Ft Lauderdale right? Uh...No, not so much. In fact there are very, very few Tiki Bars on the actual beach in Lauderdale. Maybe 3 in fact... (I have only been able to find one other one and it is not even at a hotel) and the Ocean Manor has the best one by far. The food both in the Tiki Bar and in Tokyo Blue, their more fine dining destination, was just wonderful and a good fit for the property. We loved the pool, the staff was fabulous and the energy was really good...and in the evening very romantic and that night time walk on the beach didn't have to be accompanied by a drive or long walk from the hotel...it was right there! Sorry for the lengthy review but it was such a relief to have chosen a great spot and I wanted to share our experience and let folks know that even thought there a few "stinker" reviews out there the place is Great!

1 Thank Alton B
Olive Branch, MS
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Arrived, got a wonderful corner room. Updated, not recently, but not too long ago. Great ocean view. My brother and sis-in-law also had a wonderful room and view. Before anyone asks, no we didn't have to ask for a change of rooms, this was our first check in. Hotel had a much more professional feel to it, and the Tiki bar was great as always. Thanks to Frank, Mike, Aja, Shaena, Brian, Eddie, Shaun, Val......everyone...we had a wonderful vacation...hated to leave.

Room Tip: The hotel now offers the option of guaranteeing you get a renovated room, owned by the hotel, by boo...
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ocean Manor is one of the best resort that I had been in, the price is good the food at Tokyo Blue is excellent, the service I had received is fanastic, all the staffs at Ocean Manor will do every thing to satisfied the customers need. That is what all the hotels and resort should do. I will definitely come back and this time I will stay longer to experience the relaxing at the resort and try more food at the Tokyo Blue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I honeymooned at the Ocean Manor 45 years ago this year. We have been returning 2-3 times a year since we retired. We have even stayed there with our children and grandchildren and had lovely times.
Because we stayed there 45 years ago, we realize it is old, but it is constantly being renovated. The newly renovated rooms are beautiful and most rooms have phenomenel views of the beach and ocean. Granted, all the rooms have not yet been renovated and show their age, but progress is being made and takes time.
We have, on occasion, stayed at other hotels just for a change, but always return to the Ocean Manor for many reasons.
1. Location, location location! Most hotels in Fort Lauderdale are on the other side of A-1-A, a very busy roadway. The Ocean Manor is right on the beach...walk out the back door and you're at the ocean's door.
2. Extremely friendly, pleasant staff always available and willing to help in any way they can.
3. A wonderful Tiki Bar...best in Fort Lauderdale...is located practically right on the beach so you can enjoy the beautiful view while you enjoy your cocktail.
4. There is a wonderful sushi restaurant, The Tokyo Blue, on sight, and one can also purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner at the sidewalk cafe or at the Tiki Bar.
5. Considering the location- the best around; the view- awesome; and the service- fantastic...the cost, which is very reasonable, is worth every penny.
We already have plans to visit Fort Lauderdale twice in coming year and plan to stay both times at the Ocean Manor. One trip, just the two of us and the second with our children and grandchildren once again--alll 17 of us.
We love it so much, it is like our home-away-from-home.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room, however, we prefer the Ocean Front rooms because the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia B
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at the ocean manor beach resort with my family for the holiday weekend. When i pulled into the parking lot, i was greeted by a very nice valet parking attendant who offered to park my car while i checked in with my bags. It was very convinient to not have to carry my bags all the way through the parking lot. I wasnt very familiar with the area so i asked the front desk clerk if there were any good restaurants around. He informed me that there was a very nice sushi restaurant right there on the property. He also told us that there was a tiki bar right by the pool. We had dinner at the Tokyo Blue. It was the best sushi i've ever had! After dinner we went out to the pool and had a few drinks and went swimming. We then went up to the room for showers. I couldnt believe how clean the room was! After my shower i layed down to watch tv. The bed was much more comfortable then my bed at home. I fell asleep in no time! The next day we all got massages at the convinient massage spa on the property. We could not have been more relaxed! My family and i had so much fun that weekend! I cant wait until my next vacation because i already know where im going to stay! With the amazing service and beautiful clean environment i wouldnt stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family