“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - DO NOT GO HERE - DRUNKEN TACO”
Review of Margarita Cafe Incorporated - CLOSED

Margarita Cafe Incorporated
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This place was bad when in was Margarita Cafe - we thought maybe the name change meant something better was at hand. NOT SO!!!! Waitress came out and took our drink order - took forever to get drinks. We ordered guacamole, a taco salad and fish tacos. The server left and it was at least 30 minutes until our food arrived. We got out guacomole first and we had to go back to the kitchen and ask for more chips. Our server never came back to check on drinks or water.
Finally someone else brought out our salad and tacos. The fish tacos were supposed to be blackened (which they weren't) and came with no salsa. The taco salad came in a bowl with NO taco shell! We never saw our server and I had to go find her and complain about our meals. She asked what I would like and I said our bill. When she brought the bill they hadn't taken anything off. I asked to speak with the manager - he came out and told me they were out of taco shells and someone should have told me. How do you run out of taco shells at a mexican restaurant!!!!
He took off my salad and they waived the auto 18% gratuity. The final straw was a trip by the kitchen ( which the floor was filthy and you could hear the cook screaming) to the restroom which was dirty with no hand soap…… wonder what the employees were using to wash their hands?????

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Margarita Cafe changed name to Drunken Taco - check out those reviews. You won't want to miss a change to visit just because you didn't know the name change.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We found the staff friendly and the food good. I asked for a recommendation and the waiter suggested fish tacos over fish and chips. They were treaty with really good, basic rice and black beans that went well with the tacos. Skinny margarita was nice but a little weak. Family enjoyed chicken fajita tacos and Caesar salad.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

good food. great place to people watch. didn't have a drink but heard they have the largest selection of tequila.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

OK margaritas but was expecting something better based on the name. Found drinks bigger and better at the Rock Bar.