“great food, wonderful service”
Review of Bombay Cafe

Bombay Cafe
Ranked #247 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wilton Manors
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Authentic, clean, kindly served Indian food. Although the exterior is not sexy nor alluring, do not be fooled - the food and service is excellent. If you are in Ft. Lauderdale and want a good, safe, true Indian meal;please go here. The Wednesday buffet for $15 is an overall winner.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I always stop here to eat my super spicy Indian curry lamb. The quality is consistently good and the papadum is outstanding. Price is under $20 per person for dinner. I highly recommend this place if you are into Indian food.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

No matter how many times my wife and I eat at Bombay Cafe, we continue to be amazed by the value and consistency of flavor at this restaurant. Monday - Saturday, the lunch buffet is mostly vegitarian and costs about $8.95 and on Sunday, the lunch buffet costs $11.95 and includes chicken and/or goat preparations. Wednesday nights they have a dinner buffet that costs $14.95. I can't say enough about the elaboration of flavors at this restaurant. We have been to other area Indian restaurants and have found food to be either bland or just plain salty.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went here for a dinner recently, while vacationing in Florida. The food was okay. We are vegetarian, and ordered a vegetable kebab and the palak kofta - two dishes we hadn't had before. The kebab was like hand-formed paste that has been formed around a skewer that came on a bed of lettuce and cucumber (raw) on a sizzling platter. The salad was inedible (just decoration), the kebab thing was alright, but not tasty enough to finish. The palak dish was better, but just average. We also had a tandoori roti that was okay. The waiters were friendly, but stodd around watching the TV that was playing CNN the entire time, chatting with each other. I guess I can't blame them, since the restaurant was fairly empty, however it was kind of odd.

1  Thank DivineMissEm
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have been eating at Bombay Cafe for three years, and the food and service is always great.
The $10.00 buffet is the best deal in town and there is always a good selection of dishes to choose from. We know all of the servers, and think they do a great job.