“Bravo is DEFINITELY a "BRAVO"”

Bravo Italiano Ristorante
Ranked #76 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For 25+ years, Bravo has served superior cuisine. You will be elated with the extensive menu of pastas, prime veal, & seafood paired with a selection from the full bar & generous wine list. Complete your experience with a sinful dessert.
Aventura, Florida
“Bravo is DEFINITELY a "BRAVO"”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I often go to Bravo with Friends Or Family , OR even Alone. The food is ALWAYS Excellent, and the portions are always GENEROUS. Most of the time, I/we leave with a doggie bag, with enough food,--for another "delish" meal. The décor of the restaurant is pleasant, and cozy. The tables and booths are spacious enough to allow the patrons to feel COMFORTABLE. There are several servers that we ENJOY having, because they are always attentive, gracious and very accommodating. John, Paul, Danny and/or Stephanie (servers) can always be counted on,-- to ENHANCE the dining experience. James, the manager, is CONSISTENTLY attentive to DETAILS, and is dedicated to making sure all his guests are treated very well. And, the food is always FIRST rate. There are so many wonderful choices. I love their chicken siciliano and their eggplant parmagiana. Their salads are superb. I usually order the mozzarella caprese--which is FILLED with luscious tomatoes and big amounts of mozzarella cheese. Never before ( in any other restaurant) have I gotten such a HUGE portion, that was so TASTY. Their meat balls are addictive. Their various soups are always wonderful. Today we had an Italian Vegetable soup--which is like Stracchiatella with extra veggies. It was memorable. The prices at Bravo are very reasonable. And, because they participate in the charitydine discount dining program, it seems CHEAPER to go to Bravo, than to cook at home. And,--- it is ALWAYS a very satisfying dining experience. We love knowing that our discounted dining meals at Bravo ( through the charitydine.com program)-- are ALSO helping various charities. We travel over 30 minutes EACH WAY-- to get to Bravo. However, the trip is rewarded, with the WONDERFUL food, EXCELLENT service and the awareness that we are supporting charities. Bravo for Bravo!!!

• Visited November 2013

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Bravo was recommended by the front desk staff at the Renaissance Hotel and was within walking distance of the hotel. My wife and I went with three other couples. We got a seat outside on the porch. The negative was that there was not much light and we had to use our cell phones to read the menus. My wife ordered the Penne Vodka and I had Ziti con Pollo Primavera. My wife raved about her choice and mine was good but not my favorite dish. I must note that my dish was not bad, but it was not what I really wanted, but that was not the fault of the restaurant. I was playing safe with my choice due to the late hour we were eating. All other couples loved their choices, with at least one person saying their choice was the best they'd ever had (sorry, can't remember what it was). The restaurant is family owned which means the food does not have the chain-restaurant taste.

In summary, Everyone enjoyed both the quality and quantity of food and we would all go back. There were two minor negatives. The first was the lack of sufficient lighting, which was our own fault for choosing to sit outside at night. The second was that the service seemed a bit slow, but that can be a plus when you are out with friends. As to cost, I felt that it was quite reasonable. The bill for me and my wife, with a beer, a glass of wine and tip, was $40.

1 Thank Fred E
Saint Charles, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and location!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We sat outdoors and enjoyed a wonderful meal in a nice setting. Plus, this restaurant was right across the street from our hotel!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Linda H
Aventura, Florida
“Good food at a fair price”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Bravo is a Ft. Lauderdale tradition for many years. The Italian food is good and plentiful and served by a very friendly staff. Great for family Sunday meals and just a fine spot to drop into for "honest" food.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Probably won't return”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We hadn't been to Bravo in a few years, but had a $40.00 dining certificate from Living Social and thought we'd give it another try. We arrived at 6:15 PM and saw that they had a 2 for 1 Happy Hour from 4 to 7 PM. My wife ordered a glass of Savignon Blanc and was told that it was not included for Happy Hour, but she could have Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio. I ordered Dewar's and water and was told that only well drinks were 2 for 1. My wife ordered Chardonnay and I ordered a well scotch. I then showed the waiter my Living Social certificate. I was then told that 2 for 1 drinks were not given to customers with the certificate. I ordered chicken parmesan which was probably the blandest I have had in years. Now I know why we haven't been there in years. The food was very average at best. Those dining certificates (Living Social, Groupon, Restaurant.com, etc.) are supposed to get customers to try a restaurant and come back again. Bravo tried their best to discourage a return visit. There are many Italian restaurants in Fort Lauderdale far superior. Don't waste your time at Bravo.

1 Thank jhperrone