“Update on 14's Fresh beginning.... starting w/2x3#Lobsters”
Review of Kelly's Landing

Kelly's Landing
Ranked #22 of 1,345 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went back to our favorite Lobster place (claw meat just falls out of cracked claws) had lobster mac and cheese appetizers.+ shrimp cocktails w/a 2 splits of Champagne (on special,)btw! whoever heard of that on a NY's Eve??? We had 2 very fresh #3 Lobsters + a New Years tip was a total of,,, $125.00 it broke down like this: 2x3# lobsters $70 + 1 shrimp cocktail, and 1 lobster cheese mac appetizer each app was with a chapagne split equals $28 dollars + a NY tip to our NY Eve server ==$125.00 to us .... a steal.
Listen this is a very good eating place not necessarily a DINING place, the waiters are family, when u are known! and u do not have an attitude of "prove it I am waiting" this a great place...I feel truly sorry for people who look @ everything is a 1/2 empty cup of water....rather than a 1/2 full cup of water...

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I am surprised there were so many positive reviews here. This is a noisy bar-type atmosphere place - no frills. The waitress seemed stressed and was not very helpful. I ordered a crab cake appetizer and two people with me ordered crab cakes for the meal. After I ate my appetizer she came back to say there were no more crab cakes so the others would have to choose another meal. Frankly, there was nothing else that interested them and had we been told before the starters we could have left or someone else could have had my crab cake. I had the shrimp parmigiana and one of my friends had another type of shrimp. Both were small portions and both of us had something gritty in the shrimp. Mussels or clams could have grit but what kind of shrimp have grit?? The portions are small overall and the food is nothing special. Do not be fooled by the posts here.

2  Thank cohenprof
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family of 5 visited for dinner. This place was packed with families and older folks. The food was OK but not extraordinary. My son's lobster in his lobster roll was very tough. I ordered broiled shrimp with steamed broccoli and boston beans, and the number of shrimp was small. I was still hungry when I finished my meal. Desserts were nothing special. My husband's entree was brought out about 10 minutes after the rest of us had our food. Overall, this restaurant gets a thumbs down. I would not go back.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a great place to eat. It has the feel of a local small town pub/restuarant. Very cozy and inviting. The waitnresses were super nice and the food was good. You could tell they have plenty of regulars and the wait staff took time to visit and ask how they were doing.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Kelly's is a great spot for us transplanted New Englanders. Walking in you get the feel of a small Boston eatery. Sox memorabilia, Bruins, Pats and C's as well. Service was very good, responsive and the food is all served piping hot.

I brought a colleague with me who has never experienced true Northeastern seafood. He was blown away by the flavors of the cold water fish and whole clams. We started with Steamers - steamed whole bellied clams served with broth for cleaning and butter for... well, it's butter. Need I say more? The steamers were so flavorful. Cooked to perfection, the shells were all open and the necks easy to peel and eat. The small portion is a perfect size for two as an app.

I had the scrod and whole clams for my meal with a baked potato. The scrod was cooked well, flaky with a batter that is light and does not mask the taste of the fish. The clams were cooked perfectly and again, absolutely full of flavor.

I have been to several "New England" seafood placed down here, the problem with them is that the food is typically frozen and looses a big part of the flavor of the fish. This is absolutely not the case at Kelly's. The fish and other seafood is fresh. There is no question. And considering the trouble it must be to get the food to Florida quickly, the prices are excellent; Steamers $10, two way combo $20 (with clams) seafood platter is $23. You will not leave hungry. You will leave satisfied with your meal.

My colleague and I will be back next time we are in Lauderdale. This place is highly recommended by someone who grew up on cold Atlantic seafood and wouldn't have it any other way!