WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #33 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toronto, Canada
“An average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

The hotel room was clean. There were no bedbugs. My only complaint was that the bed was covered with a bedspread which you rarely see in hotels these days. The breadfast was mediocre but ample. The gentlemen at the front desk, at both our arrival (at 2:00 a.m.) and our departure the next morning, were both very helpful.

1 Thank Linda129

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
New Castle, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is a great hotel, but it could be excellent if it wasn't for the front desk staff. Very arrogant and didn't care who was waiting. We traveled with a group of 8 and every one was disappointed with the front desk. Other than that, it's a great location to get to the cruise. I would suggest a taxi instead of their shuttle. Taxi costs about $9 and their shuttle is $9 per person. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Make sure yo get the price you were quoted, they tried to tell us it was 30 dollars more than quoted, so good thing I had my email with me to show what was quoted. Continental breakfast was OK, Casino is about a 20 dollar taxi ride. Restaurants are close. I would stay again, but management better school the front desk staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank MickMalizia
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

Booked this hotel through Hotels.com and they never completed the transaction with Best Western. Now you would think that a company whose business was making reservations would follow through with just that, but no they did not and we spent more than 2 hours on the phone trying to get a room. Hotel receptionist left me on hold for more than 20 minutes, 3 different times and then hung up on my while I was sitting in a rental car at the airport. Hotels.com had me on hold 4 different times each over 20 minutes and finally told me just to go to the hotel and they would have something for us. Our room was 1 double bed, paid for king and it was in the lobby, right next to the maintenance closet and in the area where the free breakfast buffet was held. I guess we should be thankful we had a room at all but I would never use Hotels.com again...ever! Their confirmation number does not correspond to hotel reservation numbers, completely useless when you are talking to a hotel!! Terrible way to start off our vacation!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jgwinn
BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

To be honest...I do not know how the rooms are or even the inside of the hotel as we were never allowed entry-just told "To stay on the shuttle!".

We had booked our rooms through Air Miles as we were going on our first cruise ever. I specifically requested this hotel based on what I saw online. I also called personally to the Hotel 3 nights before our arrival date to ensure they knew we would be a late arrival, as our flight came in after midnight. All appeared to be in order.

Fast foward to being in the airport and calling for a shuttle at 12:30 am, after travelling all day from Victoria, BC, to be told that NO we do not have your reservation but get on the shuttle anyways and see what we can do. At least I give the night crew credit...they did find us a room elsewhere but gave us the impression their hotel would be looking after the expenses...NOT SO come the morning. Not a welcome hit to our spending money.

Best Western Head Office had our reservations booked properly as did the Front Desk here when I called the few days prior so what happened? Horrible service!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Plainville, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

Just by chance, because we came off our cruise ship and we planned to fly home, we found ourselves "stranded" in the airport due to the snow storm. We called Best Western Airport/Cruise port hotel and got a great rate. They picked us up along with many other passengers and we found ourselves in a wonderful hotel. The manager, Juan, and his staff were so great. The hotel is located near a shopping plaza with restaurants, stores, etc. The best part, free hot breakfast for all. Would you believe that this hotel was the cleanest and very well kept hotel I have been in. Free internet helped us get another flight home. The friendly service and suggestions on sightseeing made for a great stay, even though we were travelers in distress. We will visit them again...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JewelJudy57
Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel and staff were wonderful- friendly, helpful... the shuttle service from the airport was prompt for us- although the shuttle is used for 4 other hotels and so I could see how you may have a wait.
That being said- the shuttle service that they offer to the cruiseport for $8/person was very poorly executed. There seemed to be only one shuttle running and it was used by several hotels. We stood outside the hotel for 90 minutes waiting for a shuttle with 10 other guests. My suggestion is to forget the shuttle and grab one of the numerous taxis which come through the parking lot every few minutes. We did- it cost the same as our 2 shuttle passes. I think that if the hotel had asked guests to purchase tickets prior to departure ( so they would have an idea of how many guests needed shuttle service) things would have gone much more smoothly and their guests would leave with a better opinion of the hotel.

1 Thank skeeterplustbone
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I planned to stay only one night, but circumstances turned my one night into a one week stay. The front desk and manager went above and beyond to extend my stay, and helped with every request I had. They were friendly, caring, efficient, and humane. Sometimes one caring person can make all the difference when you are a stranger on your first visit in town. Wi-fi service was spot-on every time I needed to use it. The room was extra nice, extra clean, and the bed was genuinely comfortable. The cable service was good. The temperature control in the room was excellent, compared to a hotel that cost three times the price that offered no climate control at all, in spite of the thermostat on the wall. There were also plenty of room delivery services available from local dining establishments for those times when I just didn't feel like having to go out to get a good meal. I definitely recommend this hotel to others, and will definitely stay here again. This hotel was much better than the "luxury" hotel I stayed at in a freezing cold room. Also, the parking is free!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo