The hotel and staff were wonderful- friendly, helpful... the shuttle service from the airport was prompt for us- although the shuttle is used for 4 other hotels and so I could see how you may have a wait.
That being said- the shuttle service that they offer to the cruiseport for $8/person was very poorly executed. There seemed to be only one shuttle running and it was used by several hotels. We stood outside the hotel for 90 minutes waiting for a shuttle with 10 other guests. My suggestion is to forget the shuttle and grab one of the numerous taxis which come through the parking lot every few minutes. We did- it cost the same as our 2 shuttle passes. I think that if the hotel had asked guests to purchase tickets prior to departure ( so they would have an idea of how many guests needed shuttle service) things would have gone much more smoothly and their guests would leave with a better opinion of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel, conveniently located in the heart Fort Lauderdale, minutes from Interstate 95, Convention Center and Airport. Ideally located in the heart of the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Cruise Port, the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port provides comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travelers to the area. Each spacious, well-appointed room is fully equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and iron/ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western