“Great Check-In Staff”

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel everytime I fly in to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise and I have always felt welcomed by the front desk staff... they don't act like they are doing you a favor to check you in. They have a free shuttle that will pick you up and return you to the airport. Rooms are always clean and comfortable with good beds and superb linens. Breakfast bar even had scrambled eggs and sausage as well as cereals and fresh fruit. I would recommend it to anyone flying in or driving as it is convenient for the Interstate exits. I was there in both April and May 2014 and found service perfect on both occassions.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelWithBarb
TAManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

WOW! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Fine motel for an overnight in FLL. Rooms were clean and more than adequate for an overnight. Pool area provided a restful sitting area ideal for lunch or dinner. Recommend Thai 84, a terrific Thai restaurant (dine in/take out) next to the Winn Dixie and a five minute walk from the motel. Shuttle service is complementary and drivers are helpful and efficient. Day manager and night staff very responsive. Breakfast was fine -- could be improved (the coffee a tad weak, fruit overripe and healthy cereal options limited). Overall this was a good choice for an overnight.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We booked this hotel for one night before our cruise. Upon arriving at the airport we weren't sure where to catch the shuttle so I picked up one of the free phones that connects you to hotels, and asked the BW about the shuttle. They told me one would arrive within 20 minutes.

We walked to the shuttle island and it seemed every one came by but none to for BW. A van arrived about half an hour and there was a family who were going to the same hotel. It's close to the airport and was about a 10 minute drive, if that.

The check in process was quick and we choose a room on the second floor. There's an elevator big enough for people and luggage so that was good. There's free wifi but it wasn't working and the front desk didn't make it a priority to fix it. There's one computer available for us but internet was down on it too.

The room was decent and clean with 2 double beds. We walked to the strip mall a few minutes away. There's also a McDonald's beside the hotel and a Wendy's not far.

Breakfast is included and it's decent. There was sausage, bacon, eggs, pastries and baked goods, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and drinks. The orange juice was watered down but everything else was good.

They offer a shuttle to the pier for $8/person. It was late the next morning but still quick as we got the ship about 15 minutes after pick up.

If you can get a decent rate (we paid $134/night) it's good to stay before/after a cruise if you don't mind that it's not close to the beach or other amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LovingSunandSand
TAManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We arrived the day before Easter to relax before our transatlantic cruise and found the hotel with its airport and cruise port service a blessing. After a comfortable and relaxing night, we enjoyed our continental breakfast and were on our way. A great start!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wow! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I planned a trip for April which had me landing in Miami one evening, and leaving for home the next day from Fort Lauderdale. I wanted to make sure that I found a hotel not too far from the Fort Lauderdale airport, to make things more simple for my departure. When I arrived at the hotel at 10 pm, I saw that the area nearby had at least three other hotels. But I was very happy with the choice i had made. Two things that I was especially happy with were luggage carts just inside the door, as my bags were very heavy, and the generous allotment of fluffy towels in the bathroom, even folded in a special way that one might expect to find at a much more expensive hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
TAManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was so disappointed on entering the room which smelt so bad,i wasn't sure if i could stay that night. I did call the front desk to see what they could do, and their solution was to give me a can of Febreeze! My allergies were so bad on staying in this room. I don't know why the hotel staff are not aware of this foul smell/odor, because it hits you as soon as you open the door.
The AC is so loud no matter what setting you select that you cannot sleep very well. I had some family members staying in the room next door, and their room didn't smell as bad as ours, but still we were all so disappointed.
The internet was not good and the stopped working in the morning (6am). i called the front desk as i needed to access the net before going on a cruise, and they said someone would come at 9am to re-boot the system. Anyway, at 9.15 ( i was leaving for the cruise around 10am), i asked the front desk rep again and he then gave us his personal internet password so that we could get on.
i was also asked several times if i wanted to book the shuttle that takes passengers to the cruise port at $8pp, well a cab takes 4 ppl for $10 bucks, so do the math and figure out how much more you are paying if you have 2 or more ppl. We were a family of 7, and took 2 cabs for $10 bucks plus tip, each cab, and all with comfort and at a time we wanted to arrive at the port. i strongly suggest to take a cab if you have 2 or more ppl.
Breakfast was not bad, but didn't understand why they would pre-cook the pancakes so that you found them stone-cold and needed to re-heat in a toaster??? Anyway, managed to find something to eat.The hotel did provide 24hrs coffee/hot chocolate/coffee.

Overall, i would not stay at this hotel because of the foul musty smell in the room. Other than sleeping in the room (i had no choice as arrived late evening with a flight from Canada and so was so tired), i spent most of my time outside the room in the lobby (not by choice).

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the second floor, and found the room smell terrible. not sure if all rooms are...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the hotel or accommodation. We strive to provide our guest with a clean and well maintained hotel. Your comments are taken very seriously. Again we apologize for any inconvenience. We wish you the best.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked this hotel in February prior to our April cruise. A few days before the trip, I checked the internet rate. It was much cheaper than my booking rate. I booked it again and cancelled my prior reservation. I saved a lot of money. This is a good hotel with a wonderful location. We walked to Lester's Diner which was about 3 lights away. We got directions from the wonderful hotel staff! There is a McDonald's and Wendy's close by too. Others liked the German Restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
TAManagement, Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We wish you the best.