We stayed here only one night, pre-cruise, and it was close to perfection. The hotel is located very close to both the airport and the cruiseport, as it's name implies. There is a complimentary shuttle to bring you from the airport; make a call from the bank of courtesy phones in the airport. The shuttle serves several hotels, but this was not a problem, as it's a brief ride. The hotel is extremely clean and sparkly. The staff was pleasant. There is a swimming pool with a pleasant patio for guests and it is nice to spend a little time outdoors when the weather is warm. Bedding and amenities were excellent. Free wifi throughout the hotel.
The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle only to the neighboring Crowne Plaza Hotel, where there is Kiki's Restaurant, an upscale choice.
There is a shopping plaza close by, just a short walk across a parking lot. There is McDonald's, Wendy's, etc. There is a Dollar Tree, liquor store, grocery store, Big Lots, etc. in this plaza. There is a restaurant called Slacker's Bar & Grill- a casual sports bar with a full menu of choices. There is a small Chinese take-out as well. The grocery sells wine, beer, coke, and bottled water, if you care to buy these for your cruise.
There is a complimentary breakfast- scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, juices, coffee, cereal, yogurt, etc. The hotel offers shuttle service to the cruiseport at $8.00 per person. It is available at 10:30, 11:30; simply leave your name at the desk the night before to reserve a seat.
We paid $89 + tax for this hotel; we saw some rates listed at $109, and some for $69, just depends on the date and the vendor you buy it from, I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel, conveniently located in the heart Fort Lauderdale, minutes from Interstate 95, Convention Center and Airport. Ideally located in the heart of the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Cruise Port, the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port provides comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travelers to the area. Each spacious, well-appointed room is fully equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and iron/ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western