“The best place to stay.”

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ranked #40 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel blew me away. The rate was so reasonable I was very worried about what we would find. Wow, the room was spotless (a little to much fragance), the room was beautiful and very comfortable, the shuttle from airport was handy, the internet and computer was complimentery and like I said all for a very reasonable rate. The surrounding area around the hotel was also fabulous. The only thing I wasn't to pleased with was that I found the desk staff were not very friendly.. They did their job but seem to lack enjoying it. I would stay here again and again if in the Fort Launderdale area.
P.S. I am very fussy so mark my words when I say this is a fabulous place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank navbil

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was one of the up's on my scale for comfort and price and convenience. They took very good care of me and I left my car in their hands while I was on a cruise for seven days. They drove me to the port and picked me up all within my time schedule. They had a small breakfast, free of charge and plenty of coffee. They have a pool but no work out facility, but plenty of shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BASA64
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was pouring rain when I arrived at the hotel so I pulled my car up to the covered entrance and ran inside. The staff was very welcoming - directing me to the area of the lobby where coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate were available 24 hours a day. My room was only a few doors down the hall so I was able to park very close to the building and get all of my gear inside. Other than a slight chemical smell when I first entered (probably from the new carpet), I was impressed by the outfitting of the room. The bathroom was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and there was a work desk, mini-fridge and microwave. Perfect. The only thing that was a little concerning was the sheerness of the drapes. I fixed that by using a carabiner clip to pull the side drapes across the rest of the window. When I'm back in the area, I would certainly consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the McDonald's next door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WanderingBard
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel no expense. This very clean property has breakfast for all clients and is well-situated between the airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port. The hotel staff were very friendly and met our needs well in every way. They arranged for reasonable transportation to and from the cruise ship making the transfers easy and free of concern.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidTanner
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I continued recent travels into the Fort Lauderdale area recently and stayed at this wonderful location. Great, staff warm, professional and doing it right! Got a great tip on a local eating spot from their helpful staff ( it's on another review here on Trip advisor :) )... the heated pool, and beautiful palm trees were a nice pause before resuming a busy schedule.... I definitely recommend this hotel convenient to the airport as well, only moments away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike b
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Arrive at the airport, and we had a very short wait for the hotel shuttle. Very responsive. Also, they recommended a nice restaurant close by (Kiki's) which provided a very quick, free shuttle. Room was very clean, towels nice and fluffy. Nice stay and peaceful sleep. Shuttle to the port and cruise also quick and responsive. Made everything very easy and took the worry out of boarding. Good place to stay, will definitely repeat this experience here.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mike M
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We are not sure where the bad reviews were coming from and we decided to give this location a try anyway. We found the service to be great; friendly and helpful staff, clean, well kept rooms, good size pool and all around good feeling place to stay. We will stay here again and will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends. We were very impressed. Thank you for your hopitality. Ken Martin

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kenm21
Travelers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#31 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#24 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise...
#54 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#59 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port? Share your experiences!