1,919 results
All reviews make your own waffles water taxi short walk to the beach breakfast included breakfast room fresh fruit front desk staff an older hotel nice breakfast sun trolley lauderdale beach beds were comfortable nice pool port everglades pre cruise per day cruise terminal
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Have stayed at this hotel once before a cruise. It is handy to the beach and pier and I appreciate the breakfast buffet. I realize that check in is at 3 pm, but it would be considerate if a little leeway was allowed, as airline arrivals are not always exact. We have stayed at other hotels that got us into a room an hour early. We travel from Ma., I am 80, and was exhausted but we had to lock up our luggage and walk around Spring Break for a couple of hours. I'm sure at least one room was open. Your desk staff is very young and maybe not experienced with good customer service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Trevienne B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your choice of stay while in The South Florida Area.We provide rooms as they become available, while we understand the need for an early check-in, if a room type is not available the front desk has to wait on housekeeping to clean the rooms once they become vacant at 11 or 12. I apologize that this ruined your stay and we do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 15, 2019

The location and breakfast is pretty good, but the staff is absolutely awful. The front desk people are absolutely awful. From making up charges on our accounts to treating us like trash because we're on spring break (charging us an extra $100 deposit and constantly threatening to not refund it, making us return to the room after checkout to consolidate all our trash even though we piled it together since we weren't given a bag, of course being threatened with our deposits, and many other rude scenarios), the front desk staff literally ruined my day at both check in and check out because the entire time I felt like I was being scammed out of money. We paid the same amount as other travelers not on spring break, yet we were treated like children they were trying to get as much money as possible out of. They wouldn't even let us leave the hotel before they sent someone up to check every inch of our room to make sure they couldn't take away our deposits. Maintenance people would knock on doors sometimes as early as 7:30-8 AM, waking us up constantly as they made their way down the hall since literally everyone was like no come back later. Being woken up that early on vacation is less than ideal and was really aggravating when you could hear it throughout the entire hall. It was absolutely embarrassing for Best Western and I will NEVER be back at any on of their hotels, whether I'm on spring break or not.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for staying with us. Please contact me directly at 954-660-1165. We apologize your stay was not enjoyable.

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here twice before and after our cruise; the bathrooms are still small. Going home I foolishly left me tablet in our room. The housekeeping staff found it and when I inquired, already at the gate for my airplane, they confirmed that they had it and could send it to me. After an exchange of emails I'm assured it's on its way!

Heartfelt thanks to Carolina Bello, General Manager and Maria Escala, Housekeeping.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Harold,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel. Will pass on your remarks to Carolina and Maria.

Ms. T,

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

This hotel lives up to the Best Western high standards. The staff were all very friendly, with some of them asking us overseas visitors about where we came from. The food and accommodation was first rate. They try their best to keep the Spring Breakers under control. On one night I complained about blaring music at 2am from a nearby room and they acted immediately. I would definitely go here again, but NOT in Spring, with a very small minority of Spring Breakers ruining other people’s experience. I know this isn’t the hotel’s fault and they’re very strict with them, but be warned if you like your sleep and avoid Fort Lauderdale at this time!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Trevienne B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great five star review. It is always encouraging to read positive reviews about our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we hope to see you again soon. We also apologize for the noise disturbance as we really do try our best to alleviate any guest complaints.

Reviewed March 13, 2019

The staff wAs helpful, friendly and always made you feel comfortable. Our room was always ready and clean. The front desk was always ready to help with directions etc. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff was excellent.

Date of stay: February 2019