1,795 results
All reviews make your own waffles water taxi short walk to the beach breakfast included sun trolley front desk staff an older hotel nice breakfast yogurt lauderdale beach beds were comfortable port everglades nice pool pre cruise parking garage definitely stay here again bars and restaurants
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

First time visiting Ft. Lauderdale, was looking for a quick ocean vacation before school started. Visited with husband and four children. Upon arrival, my husband dropped me off in front to check-in. I wish I had the girls name at the desk but she was awesome. Room 400 was clean and modern and faced street, which was fine. We had a hard time using outside elevator and a staff member, Rose was more than willing to direct and help us. We immediately found the ocean, which is about a 5 min walk. Caution: I got blisters on my feet from the hot sand, the first day. If going in summer, please wear shoes. After spending time on the beach we retreated to the pool and had dinner and drinks outside. Turns out Rose was working the bar. She is magnificent. I would also like to acknowledge, Mike and Scarlet at the bar. Every single staff member we encountered was friendly and great. The breakfast is from 7-10am each morning and included with your stay. The menu varies day to day. But always had eggs, and fruit and make your own waffles. Some people have complained about a 15.00 a day parking fee, but the buffet for 6 x five days more than compensated for that fee. Breakfast would have cost us 100. A day at another resort. Speaking of food, the restaurant food is delicious. We are there everyday, except one. No reason to go any place else with their extensive menu and full bar. This hotel is wonderful and a great value for the money. I would definitely recommend staying here. My family enjoyed time at the pool and my husband and I enjoyed many drinks at the tables by the pool

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Trevienne B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear Jenn,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your choice of stay, we appreciate your five star review. We will acknowledge Rose for the superior service that was given to you. We are pleased that we could be apart of your Fort Lauderdale vacation experience. We enjoyed having you as a guest and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Rochelle Smith
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed August 21, 2018

It was fantastic . I was very pleased with everything about this hotel. I had called Thurs because I was arriving Friday and they sent me a pre arrival email. Check in was very easy and the breakfast buffet was awesome . Also very close to the beach as well . Wow,

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Trevienne B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure having to serve you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Was in town on business and rather than staying near the airport our travel agent suggested this Best Western Plus.

The rooms are nice, spacious and I had access to a private balcony.

The bathroom was big and my room had a nice walk in shower with a traditional shower head and also a rain style head; nice touch.

Breakfast was the standard for this type of hotel and there were ample spots to sit even during peak times.

Parking was a little tight on the weekend, but during the week was fine.

A special shout out to the very helpful front desk staff. Thanks for all the help Ullia & Rita!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Brad,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your choice of stay. We are pleased that we could be apart of your Fort Lauderdale vacation experience. I will pass on your comments to the staff and thank them for making your stay memorable. We enjoyed having you here and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

My husband stayed here 29 years ago and raved about this hotel, he always wanted to take me there and a recent visit to Florida for a family wedding provided the ideal opportunity. On arrival it was obvious this place was more like low end motel rather than the lively hotel he remembered Everything looked old and tired, breakfast was just about palatable, served on paper plates with plastic cutlery, the room was a good size but the bathroom cleanliness was debatable. The air conditioning was effective but each time it cut in it sounded like someone had started up a very noisy engine in the room, not conducive to any kind of restful night. One staff member; Rose went above and beyond to do all she could to help but the reception staff were not at all welcoming and appeared to feel very superior. It was an experience but not one I would wish to repeat.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vanda s
Trevienne B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Vanda,

Our apologies your stay was not enjoyed and the hotel was not what your husband painted it out to be. We have improved on our facilities and service over the years and we are sorry you did not notice our improvements. However, we do want to thank you for choosing our location as your choice of stay.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel 29 years ago and enjoyed it so much I always wanted to return and bring my wife. Traveling to Florida for a family wedding gave us the opportunity to do this so I booked a 3 night stay. Being a Best Western Hotel, I assumed that although things most certainly would have changed, the quality would remain the same. Sadly the Hotel is now very tired and the cleanliness in certain areas leaves a lot to be desired, especially around the pool. The majority of staff are lovely and friendly, Rose in particular is wonderful, so welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, she certainly went above and beyond what was expected of her, on the flip side, the reception staff on duty when we checked in were haughty and aloof. The breakfast is very very basic but edible, served on paper plates with plastic cutlery, but plentiful. The bedroom was a nice size and the bed comfortable although we were definitely not alone in it as every morning I awoke with large painful bites on my leg! The bar service was excellent and the premium branded drinks were poured in very generous measures, the food ordered through the bar was also good. I'm glad we made the trip but probably won't be returning.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim S
Trevienne B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Tim,

We apologize that your stay with us was not well enjoyed and we hope there is something we can do to make it better. Please call us at 954-525-8115.