“Great Deal”

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 16, 2009

This was my 2nd stay and it was better than my first time because of the room.
The 1st time I stayed here was by finding it on TripAdvisor and it was just like most of the comments described it. Not a very fancy place, but it is clean, courteous, and serves daily complimentary breakfast. Nothing is extravagant but everything is very nice and pleasant.

My 2nd stay started out mixed up because the room I booked through hotels.com was not the room I asked for (which was anything away from the pool). However when I arrived that was all the rooms that were available. Fortunately a very nice young woman at the front desk (Carol, I think her name was) went the extra effort for me and my spouse and upgraded us to another room without any extra charges. The room was unbelievable, private terrace and view of the ocean! I plan to visit again. Its just what I needed--close to the beach, near everything, convenient, clean, and cozy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 15, 2009

Affordable hotel with good location by the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast included offers something for everyone. The room like any other hotelroom and had free internet access. A parking garage is available, $5/day. No dislikes.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Spent a night pre-cruise at the Best Western Oceanside. I can imagine it being a bit miserable here during the worst of winter. However, a hotel not to be missed if you are looking for a fair price, friendly staff, clean hotel and great location right by the beach. And the clincher is the full hot breakfast that is available as part of the service. If you are looking for glitz, this may not be for you. But if you are looking for old Florida with comfort and cleanliness, this place has some character. Would come back again!

Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Inn for three nights in mid October on a backpacking trip around the world. We had a comfortable room with all the facilities we needed. Breakfast was included and free wifi so that was a bonus and all in all the hotel was good value. It is in a good location near the beach and bus stops. We had no car so we needed to be able to get around and a good tip is to buy a day pass ($13) for the water taxi, which allows you to move around the waterways of Fort Lauderdale all day, getting on and off wherever you want, and then you can use it at night to go out, for example to the 15th St Fisheries Restaurant. The boat crews are very interesting and tell you all about who has lived in the marvellous mansions with astonishing yachts. The Boat Show was about to start so there were many yachts around.

1  Thank Blackcat2york
Reviewed October 25, 2009

This hotel was a great find. The price was excellent and I have nothing bad to say about it. The rooms were very clean and taken care of every day. It was a very short walk to the beach and easy access from the airport. The buffet breakfast is an added bonus, and much better than any breakfast I've had during stays at other hotels. Although we did not use the pool, looked really nice too. I would highly recommend this for a stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

It is not the fault of the hotel itself, although a ramp up to the front door would certainly help (in place of having to go through the car park in your wheelchair.)
More importantly, we chose this hotel based on Tripadvisors' recommendations of close proximity to the beach. True enough, but there is a large tract of soft sand to traverse on your way to the ocean. R. had to carry my walker (so that I would have a seat) while I struggled my way through the sand. The shore is at a fairly steep angle and I was unable to go into the water (and definitely wouldn't be able to get out.)
The hotel is old but very clean and serviceable. Desk clerks all were great. Swimming pool minimal.

Reviewed October 9, 2009

I booked this hotel through an agent with hotels.com. She had checked with the hotel and was told that we could leave our car there while on our cruise for $5.00/night. When we checked in the desk clerk almost called me a liar and claimed that no one would have said we could leave our car there since parking space was limited. We kept the room, paid $15.00/day for parking at the cruise terminal, and will plan our next trip differently!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
#21 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#25 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#38 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn

Address: 1180 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316-2426 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#37 Family Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#44 Romantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Price Range: $137 - $337 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn 2.5*
Beach side Hotel, located just 100 yards to Fort Lauderdale Beach ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Oceanside Hotel Fort Lauderdale