This hotel was the worst I have EVER stayed in during a visit to the US, and my advice is stay elsewhere. We booked a sun deck room, if you must stay here make sure you get one of these, as they are the only ones worth having . Having said that to get to them means traversing the dark seedy alley from car park to elevator, the depressing foyer, and dingy corridors. The staff were the most incredibly inept I have ever had the misfortune to come across. They messed up our booking bad style. When we arrived in the tacky foyer, a very miserable and combative trainee called paulina gave us a taste of what was to come. She insisted she couldn't find our booking demanding a confirmation which we gave her ,15 mins later still standing there tired an. d confused. No apology, or reassurance that she had now found it, she started to book us in . She was contradictory and was just hopeless and unpleasant. We asked to see the duty manager, eventually she called her after us insisting that we were unhappy. The manager Teresa came and was apologetic, and took over booking us in , unfortunately under someone elses booking details . This resulted in an "upgrade" that actually downgraded us from our booked sun deck room to a pool view room that was a lower grade than room we booked. When we realised what had happened I rang down and the mistake was discovered. It then took a further 30 minutes to get into the room we had booked and paid for, that was an hour and a half in total from our
Our room was just OK, the sun deck was a filthy tiled verandah shared by the odd numbered rooms on second floor ( don't accept 209) with steps down to pool level unfortunately for us out of use due to painting. Talk about faulty towers, situation just went from bad to worse, Teresa gave ya a free drink ticket which I took to bar. There was no one behind bar just an elderly gent sat at the bar reading a paper. I asked him if the bar tender was around, to which he replied that he was the bar tender. No kidding ! He was unsmiling, and it was like I was disturbing him unreasonably to expect him to get us a drink. This place was just laughably bad, and we hated it. It's hemmed in all round and I am sure you could do much better.
By this time we had lost the daylight which impacted on our short stay in fort lauderdale.
The only positive about this hotel s location, but be aware you cannot see the ocean despite the name of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach side Hotel, located just 100 yards to Fort Lauderdale Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Oceanside Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oceanside Inn
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western
- Best Western Oceanside Ft Lauderdale