Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
Doubletree.com
$108
$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$127
$114
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$163
$147
Hilton.com
$269
$231
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$192
$179
1,748 results
All reviewsmake your own waffleswater taxishort walk to the beachbreakfast includedbreakfast roomfresh fruitfront desk staffan older hotelsun trolleynice breakfastbeds were comfortablelauderdale beachnice poolport evergladespool sidebars and restaurantspre cruise
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just returned from my stay at the Best Western Plus Oceanside and was very pleased with my stay. It is an older property but properly maintained. Noticed staff walking around and doing maintanance and cleaning on a daily basis. Lost my room key on day 3 and Kathy at the front desk was very helpfull and came up with a replacement. Had a problem with a toilet that would not flush properly and it was taken care of in a extremely timely fashion and this happened late on a weekend evening. Staff seems to enjoy their jobs and everyone always greeted me with a smile. Close to the water taxi, good restaurants and other activities. Starting my day with the free breakfast buffet was a nice touch. Nothing fancy but the food was good. Really liked the make your own belgium waffles with toppings. Rooms are very comfortable and the housekeeping staff does a nice job. Can't wait to return the next time I am in Ft. Lauderdale!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Carolina B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Ragtiki1958,
We appreciate your great review, and I will personally make sure to pass on your compliments to Kathy and the rest of the staff. We can't wait for you to return. Please let us know any suggestions to improve your stay in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The value of this hotel is the BEST there is. Close to the beach less then 1/2 block, great relaxing pool, the free breakfast is the best around. This hotel is walking distance to everything on the beach. Rooms were huge a lot of space, bed were slightly uncomfortable (they only complaint I have), staff were awesome, great resources for area attraction. The lounge area was a lifesaver for food and drinks. GREAT LOCATION for the VALUE!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kellil05
Thank you for staying with us and writing these nice comments about us. We hope you get a chance to visit us again in the future as we take your comments and suggestions to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The overall property was quite nice, but you could tell the building is old and weathered. The insides are very well kept and the rooms are simple but very comfortable. The beds have pillow tops on them, making them very very comfortable.

This hotel is barely a 2 minute walk to the beach. No it does not have a ocean view, but it is right next door to the Marriott Harbor beach resorts ocean front.

The bar at the hotel was very good. It needs a better layout and some table inside seating that isn't lobby-like. The food is simple bar food, but was well prepped and good. The pool area was very nice, but I wish there was a hot tub.

From this hotel you could walk to dozens of restaurants and beach side bars. That was the biggest plus, was everything you wanted to do was within walking distance.

The hotel staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. They provided extra change to wash clothes, and held our luggage the day our flight was delayed until 7 p.m. This gave us more time to enjoy the beach and not have to worry about our luggage being stolen or tampered with.

The one thing this hotel needs is a small shop to get basic supplies like bug spray, aspirin, and some snacks etc. I forgot to pack bug spray, and none of the hotel shops nearby had it.

Two biggest complaints:
The TV is barely even basic, with only 30 working channels.
The bathroom door would not lock.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Carolina B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Sara G,
First of all Thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance. It is nice to see your review as better than expected. I will make sure to share these comments with the staff. We are working on making some changes to our TV line up, as soon as our contracting permits it, hopefully you will get to enjoy this the next time you visit us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference at the Marriott a couple of blocks away. Every day i would tell myself what a great decision i made to stay at the Best Western. I paid about half the price every night for my room than i would have at the Marriott, and with that i got a good wireless Internet connection and a wonderful hot breakfast every morning (scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, fresh fruit, etc, plus coffee to go in insulated cups), while others i knew paid through their noses for everything at the Marriott. The room and bathroom were extremely clean. What i LOVED was that the TV remote came in a little cardboard stand which explained that the remote, a smooth plastic thing, had been especially designed to be cleaned easily between customers. I've always felt icky using hotel remotes but had no such qualms here. The toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion) felt spa-like in quality, and there was a fridge and microwave in the room. The hotel restaurant had good, affordable sandwiches. On top of all this, every one of the staff i encountered was friendly, genuine and helpful. The only complaint i had was that teeny tiny ants sometimes appeared on my desk and side table, but to be fair, i did not point these out to the front desk because i didn't want them to spray in my room. Every evening, i was so glad to leave the super-shiny, techno-infused atmosphere at the conference and just come home to my cosy room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank subuhi9

Dear Subuhi9,
It is such a pleasure to read a complete review like yours. We really appreciate your time and effort and most of all your great recommendations. Our staff really enjoys reading and hearing about our happy guests and I will make sure to share this with them. I apologize for the tiny ants (by your description they are sugar ants) I will make sure the our Pest control service is aware and work on this. Again thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family (2 adult, 2 children) stayed at this hotel for four days before going on our cruise. We selected this hotel for it's location - near the ship port (5 mins drive), beach and restaurants. The room was clean and spacious for our family. Front desk service was good. The beach is great for family (unlike Miami Beach), clean and is only 100M walk from the hotel. We spent time on the beach with our children, there is a nice playground and plenty of pic-nic benches to relax while the kids played. There is a nice jogging, roller blading or biking trail along the beach for active individuals. Along the trail there are basketball courts and fitness apparatus for various exercises, e.g. chin up, dips. The beach can get quite busy during the weekend. There are plenty of restaurants along Seabreeze Blvd, certainly worth taking a walk up the blvd in the evening. The best part of the hotel is breakfast time. It is the best and most organized complimentary hotel breakfast I have ever experienced (like most has mentioned on TA). There is a gentleman to give you an orientation of the breakfast buffet and help escort you to a table. Breakfast can be eaten by the pool if you desire.
The only negatives I found were lack of parking, no fitness room and laundry facility. If you come back late parking is hard to find. There is no fitness room, however the outdoor pool and nearby running trail made up for it. The laundry facility is in the underground parking garage and is somewhat freaky; recommendation is to have someone with you while doing the laundry.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, including family with young children.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sis_8

Dear Sis_8,

I want to personally thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write about us. I do agree that we are lucky to have such a location, and our staff enjoys providing our guest with great service. Our future improvement plans do include the addition of an exercise room, which we hope to have in place no later than summer of 2013. We hope you get a chance to visit us again soon.