Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
$108
$99
$127
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
Marriott Hotels
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$259
$223
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Official Site
$203
Orbitz.com
$145
Orbitz.com
1,730 results
All reviewsmake your own waffleswater taxishort walk to the beachbreakfast includedbreakfast roomfresh fruitan older hotelnice breakfastsun trolleyfront desk staffbeds were comfortablelauderdale beachstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice poolport evergladespool sidepre cruise
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very pleased with our stay here. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful, especially Dan. Bartenders very nice and gave great local recommendations. Breakfast staff and housekeepers did an excellent job. Breakfast buffet had a really good variety and was far above the average continental offerings with eggs, biscuits or croissants, meats, cake, great fresh fruit. Room looked out onto pool and was very quiet and clean, nice linens. Really cute pool for kids with two little waterfall fountains and drink ordering window, convenient poolside shower-off area. Beach is gorgeous. Interesting mix of guests with many Europeans. Will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen E
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Seems like the ac has never been cleaned before. The air was really muggy and The carpet was filthy and moldy. Poor quality. Ok amenities. Ok bed. Ok bathroom. Very old building. Woudn't stay for more than a couple nights.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beatriz S
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I read various reviews before I decided to stay at this hotel. I stay in hotels about 30 days of the year and in various locations of the country. I usually have no complaints with Best Western. I think the experienced traveler knows that you get what you pay for, and this hotel was worth what we paid for it, in my opinion.

When I rate a hotel, I tend to think of a five-star hotel, such as you see on the strip in Las Vegas, as the golden standard for a rating of five circles that I would give here. I give the Best Western Plus a 4.5, since it is a cut above the standard chain hotels. When I rate a hotel, I look at the comfort level, the amenities, and little extras that are provided that go above and beyond the usual.

This hotel appeared to be one of the older hotels, although it was exceptionally well-maintained. There was an upscale, resort feel to it. The guest room had what appeared to be new carpeting. Tall people and the elderly will appreciate the high toilet. I appreciated the Bath and Body Works toiletries. My husband liked the large, flat-screened TV, which now seems to be increasingly the hotel standard. Our towels were large and thick. Each of our queen beds had four fluffy pillows onto which we could lie back and relax. The Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room was a nice touch.

Beyond the guest room: There is a nice pool outdoors with a small tropical garden and fountains. There was a good-sized pool deck on both the pool level and the mezzanine. A pretty aquarium greets you in the lobby. Parking is under cover, which is nice, but I have to warn you that they add $10.60 to the cost of your room for the privilege of parking there.

The beach is right on the other side of the Sheraton, which is next door. It is quite a beautiful beach--very wide, with children's play area, picnic tables, tall palm trees, etc. The ocean was pleasantly warm and enjoyable.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have to say that I am a little bias to the BW because it is a very affordable hotel chain with great locations, and excellent service. After reading the reviews and considering their affordable ~$109/day rate (that included breakfast) at this Fort Lauderdale location, I booked it and wait. The hotel is not facing the ocean, but it is a short distance to the beach from behind the hotel. Nice size pool with a well stocked bar with affordable drinks and quick meals (nachos, hamburgers, pizza, etc). I paid $7.50 for a Piña colada...and $7.00 for an order of Nachos with cheese (add 18% gratuity). The bar tender Matt was nice. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well stocked with towels and toiletries. The breakfast buffet had a little bit of everything. There are great restaurants within driving distance even walking distance; the front desk will be helpful with directions and info. I will stay there again. My husband asked me to write about the maintenance person who was very helpful in every way. We do not recall his name, however reading the other TA reviews my guess his name is Frank? Parking will cost you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Chiki2399
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were disappointed with this hotel for its' lack of dining and poor lounge facilities. There was a hot buffet breakfast served in a small dining room. There was no evening meal and lunch sandwiches could be had in the very small lounge. We ordered wings one day and we were charged $10 for 8 wings. When I asked why since the menu said $7 something, I was told an 18% gratuity was added on. I had to pick up the wings at the bar so there was no service provided other than to MICROWAVE the wings!

Also, as the name implies, its suppossed to be Oceanside, not so, you have to at least a city block to get to the sand and walk quite a ways on the sand to reach the water.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family