“EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM AN ASIAN GUY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort

Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ohio, Illinois
“EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM AN ASIAN GUY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

MR. RON at the concierge desk went above and beyond what I would have expected to provide assistance. My wife and I was staying for 2 weeks. MR. RON provided fantastic help in helping me coordinate extra special amenities for our stay. Not only did he help in coordination, he provided gentle guidance and thoughtfulness on how to ensure extra special stay for us. He recommended a card for my wife on our Anniversary, Message be left and staying on top of arrival time to facilitate a surprise. Every time I walk in the lobby I always see this Guy who work I think 24/7! MR. RON is a fine example of what one would expect from a world class Hotel like the Pelican!!! Although he is a trainee I can say that he provided excellent service more than anyone else from the Front Desk! To the General Manager please hire this Guy as he is a credit in your company!

Room Tip: Ocean Front Suite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing this. It is so wonderful to hear positive feedback regarding our staff. We will definitely be passing on all of your kind words to the staff member you have mentioned above. We would also like to wish you both a Happy Anniversary, and we are so glad that we were able to help make it extra special. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Finnish first
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was our second stay at the Pelican Grand.The staff is superb,the hotel is clean,the rooms are beautiful.One of the very few located right on the beachFantastic place to stay,the staff makes you feel right at home.They go out of their way to be helpful.We would recommend the Pelican to anyone,and we have.We will be staying there many more times.I cant say enough.

Room Tip: Any ocean front room is fantastic
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David T
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We greatly appreciate the feedback and are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We will definitely be paying your compliments to our staff. Also, thank you for the recommendations. We hope that you will stay with us again very soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I don't write reviews but I think it's only right to share this one corner of heaven in Fort Lauderdale.
Don't believe the negative reviews about Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Yes, it doesn't boast of a huge tall structure building like the adjacent hotels in the area but service, they have. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable and romantic. They have the shortest distance from your hotel room to the shore. Trust me on this as I am a local and have stayed at many fort lauderdale hotels before during different occasions.
Enrique is awesome and have welcomed us like we were old friends. Our luggage didn't have Louis Vuitton plastered on them and our skin isn't white but he treated us special and I fondly take notice of that. Kimberly who manned the souvenir and ice cream shop should be commended for her excellent people skills. And she's just a kid, wait till she gets older...
The hotel lights up the porch with lanterns and candles close to sunset. The best were the rocking chairs on the porch where you can just relax and enjoy your kinship with nature.
Don't mind the other guest's pictures with mold on the ceiling, cracks on the floor, etc. You only have to mind your toes burried in the soft warm sand.
If you want a great vacation on the beach in Fort Lauderdale, this is the place to stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mamoojoy
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing this lovely review! It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the rooms to be spacious. The rocking chairs are extremely relaxing and we are happy that you were able to enjoy them. Also, we will definitely pass on your kind words regarding Kim and Enrique on to them. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back to Pelican Grand very soon.
Lahinch, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were there in February for 5 days. Room was nice typical to other beach locations. Food in main restaurant was very good. Service on the oceanfront patio was good also as were the beach attendants. We never had to call the desk for anything, as should be. The only low point was a result of either the hiring/training of wait staff, one in particular, a Russian young server. After waiting for service, she brought our drink (which came from the bar 10 feet away) after a 10 minute wait. The place wasn't full (I had time to count exactly 5 other guests). When our meal came, we did not get any condiments including salt & pepper. I tried to get her attention, but she was on the floor playing with another guest's child.
I go up and retrieved the items from the bar myself. The real capper was when we left no tip (would you have?). About 10 minutes later while we were enjoying the sunset with a large number of other guests on the beachfront patio, this server had the audacity to come up to us an ask why she didn't get a tip. When I explain what I thought were her failings, she gave me a real smart "Well, thanks for giving me a $Zero tip!". I have dealt with ignorant servers before but my wife was embarrassed that this happened. Probably just a freak occurrence, but whomever hires and trains needs a little themselves. At the end of the day, since now it is over a month and I still think about it, I wouldn't walk back in this place if they paid me to stay there. Too many other quality hotels in way too many other locations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank irishyahoo
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the amenities in the room as well as the service on the oceanfront patio. We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience regarding your server. That is unacceptable and we will be addressing this issue with our management team immediately. Once again, thank you for writing this and we hope we can prove ourselves to you the next time you are in Fort Lauderdale.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

with a delightful service in the Pelican Grand gift shop. not only did she give a very pleasant vibe, she also had very specific and adequate detail In all of my questions. even though I am very young and don't always get respect, Kimberly treated me like royalty in each of my requests

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for writing this review. It is so great to hear when members of our staff provide excellent hospitality. We will definitely pass on the kind words to Kim. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Staying for 4 nights. Ocean view suites are very large and nice. Come with microwave, refrigerator and clean. The property could use a little face lift but not bad. Pool is small but has zero depth pool for small children. Ate at ocean 2000 and would not eat there again. Service was average even though no one else was in the restaurant at 5:30. Ceviche was very good, shrimp cocktail good, scallop appetizer not very good, shrimp risotto average. It is convenient and I think you pay for location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bmoore_12
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We greatly appreciate the feedback. It is nice to hear that you found the suites to be spacious. We are very sorry that you encountered issues regarding your experience at Ocean 2000. We will discuss these issues with our management team. Thank you again and we hope that we can provide better hospitality the next time you are in this area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was my wife and and my 6th stay at the Pelican Beach. Having been in the travel industry for over 40 years as a travel agent (CTA) and a tour operator I do feel I am qualified to give an opinion on a property such as the Pelican. Starting with the valet guys that park your car and always say thank you to the front desk folks such as Kathleen who went out of her way to make a few changes for us. Maid service was always timely and thorough.Room and hallways were clean and bright. The ice cream at the end of a long strenuous pool day was delicious:)

Bernie C

Room Tip: Guests should not be allowed to reserve lounge chairs by the pool early in the morning then leave an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Canna2014
Thank you so much for sharing this. It is so thrilling to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was attentive and friendly. We will definitely pass on your positive comments to the staff members you specifically mentioned. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back very soon.