“A dream mini vacation”

Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here in August as a 4 day mini vacation. We wanted an ocean view balcony, room service and beach front access. It was beyond wonderful and met all our outsized expectations. Loved the veranda with rocking chairs enough for lots of visitors. Used the pool and did swim in the ocean. Great room service. Our room was very quiet. Will do this again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear loveshotels,

Our goal is always to exceed expectation and it is wonderful to hear when we succeed. I personally want to thank you for your business and we are all looking forward to your return.

Bob Keesler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,964)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a great time at this resort. It was relaxing and the staff was very accommodating. We were visiting during the Detroit vs. NY playoff games for the World Series, so we spent a lot of time in the bar watching baseball. The bartenders were great to us and joined in our fun and celebration of the Tigers sweeping the Yankees. Thanks Rick & Melissa for your attentiveness and patience...We had a great time. Thanks for making joining in the fun !!!

Room Tip: We loved our rooms and the hotel. The only complaint I have and it is nothing major is our room flo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Terese D,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Pelican. It is great to hear about our team member and especially the ones that made your stay so wonderful. We hope that you will return soon and spend a few more special days with us on the beach.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here one night pre-cruise with my fiancee in October 2012. The location was great, right on the beach. The pool area, the breakfast, he bars were great, too. Nice designs in colonial/ Southern style. We stayed at a junior suite on the second floor, with front ocean view. Fantastic views and the feeling of the waves rolling towards us. Unfortunately the room was huge, simply too big to be cosy, with the sitting area closest to the terrace. There were two enormous king-size beds in the sleeping area which was almost tacky. Why would they give us this room when we are a couple and not family with children? The room needed renovation, too. Very clean but I would prefer a smaller and freshier room.

Room Tip: Ask if they have newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Urma_Norway
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear DelfinaOslo,

Thank you so much for your comments. It is disappointing to read that your accommodations were not what you expected. While you were here only one night I wish you had let us know. You are correct that your room was very large however, there were other choices that you could have been given that are smaller and cozier. I am happy to say that we have just begun a refreshing of the hotel rooms and should be completed by mid January.
I hope the next time you are in this area you will once again choose to stay at the Pelican Grand to experience the upgrades we are currently doing.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were on a working vacation which means 2 of us needing internet access but alas this nice property has yet to enter the 21st century. No wireless in the rooms and only only 56k modem fast ethernet port. Front desk blamed it on Comcast.. Breakfast was terrible too btw, institutional scrambled eggs but... whatever... moved to the W... so far so good..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear KenF150,

Please accept my apologies that we were having opportunities with our ISP during your visit. I am happy to say we will be installing high speed wireless into all areas of the hotel and should be completed with this by mid January. I am happy to see you gave us high marks on value, cleanliness and service. I do hope that once we have installed wifi that you will once again give us a try.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent the night at Pelican after an 8-day cruise, and my main feeling was that this was a perfect extension. From the beautiful beach where an attendant was ready to find me a beach chair and hand me a glass of lemonade to the heated pool and lazy river (where they also had lemonade!) to the beautifully appointed room with its huge balcony, I loved every aspect of this hotel. The downstairs restaurant especially was above the notch. I ordered a seared salmon served on a bed of mashed plantains and covered with a Mexican tomato sauce. It was the most incredible dish I'd ever eaten (and I had just gotten off a cruise ship with 8 days of incredible food, remember.)

The only way this hotel messed up at all was in my reservation for the shuttle the next morning to get to the airport by 6 a.m. They forgot to book it the night before. Luckily, the front desk guys made sure I had a cab (which ended up being cheaper than the shuttle anyway) and I connected to my flight.

And a last teeny-weenie thing--coffee in the guest room could've been better if they had liquid creamer instead of the cheap dry packets. Other than that, I absolutely loved the place and would most definitely stay here again. Excellent customer service, beautiful beach, wonderful old-style Florida hotel.

Room Tip: Of course the best rooms are the ones that overlook the beach. Mine didn't, but it came with a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NikkiB6

Dear NikkiB6,

Thank you so much for your comments and sharing them with the Trip Advisor community. Our goal is to always exceed our guest’s expectations and it is nice to read that we succeeded. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and the restaurant.
I do appreciate your suggestion and promise we will review them with our team. I personally want to thank you for your business and hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Prior to leaving on a Cruise, our family chose to spend one night at the Grand Pelican. We arrived just after Hurricane Sandy had passed through. Marcello looked after our family in grand fashion - our dining experience there was exceptional because of him.

Room Tip: Corner suites have wrap-around bay-style windows.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RGAProductions

Dear RGAProductions,

Thank you so much for your review. I am very proud and bless with all of our team members and you were very kind to single one of our stars out by name. I am so happy to read how he made your stay memorable.
I want to thank you for your business and we hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our family stayed one night after our cruise so we could take an early flight the next day. The reviews said the rooms were clean but dated, they were right. It should also be said that they were cozy and comfortable. The kids loved the seperate sitting room with pull-out beds and the view of the ocean from the balcony was the best. The hotel is right on the beach which was great. All-in-all this was one of the better hotels that we have stayed in, I wish that we had a longer lay over, we would have loved to stay more days. We will be staying here again, only longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ron H

Dear Ron H,

It is terrific to read your review and I know I speak for our entire team when I say we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to read you enjoyed your room and I am happy to say we are in the process up beginning to refresh our rooms.
I hope you will return soon and I personally want to thank you for your business.