“Marcello our Waitor”

Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Kitchener, Canada
“Marcello our Waitor”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Prior to leaving on a Cruise, our family chose to spend one night at the Grand Pelican. We arrived just after Hurricane Sandy had passed through. Marcello looked after our family in grand fashion - our dining experience there was exceptional because of him.

Room Tip: Corner suites have wrap-around bay-style windows.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RGAProductions
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear RGAProductions,

Thank you so much for your review. I am very proud and bless with all of our team members and you were very kind to single one of our stars out by name. I am so happy to read how he made your stay memorable.
I want to thank you for your business and we hope to see you back with us again soon.

Bob Keesler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Finnish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our family stayed one night after our cruise so we could take an early flight the next day. The reviews said the rooms were clean but dated, they were right. It should also be said that they were cozy and comfortable. The kids loved the seperate sitting room with pull-out beds and the view of the ocean from the balcony was the best. The hotel is right on the beach which was great. All-in-all this was one of the better hotels that we have stayed in, I wish that we had a longer lay over, we would have loved to stay more days. We will be staying here again, only longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ron H
Dear Ron H,

It is terrific to read your review and I know I speak for our entire team when I say we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to read you enjoyed your room and I am happy to say we are in the process up beginning to refresh our rooms.
I hope you will return soon and I personally want to thank you for your business.

Mississauga
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Beware of staying at this hotel. We stayed here in September 2012. My husband twisted and broke his ankle on the uneven brick driveway on Sept. 8. The management couldn't have cared less. We have been told that it is not their responsibility that the accident happened (ie. that the bricks are uneven). Not only will they not cover our out-of-pocket expenses such as hospital cost, x-rays, cast, etc.,they wouldn't even comp us a cup of coffee! The hotel is shabby-chic in decor (our room was more shabby than chic) but the location is wonderful. Just be careful if you do decide to stay here. We will never make this mistake again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jemcasey2009
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear jemcasey,

Please allow me to apologize that you felt you did not receive the care and comfort from our team members. As you are aware the medical charges that you sent to us after your cruise have been forwarded to our insurance carrier and we will follow up tomorrow to make sure they have gotten back to you.
Again, please allow me to apologize I know some charges were removed from your folio but am sorry that you did not feel that this was enough. Again, I will have our insurance company follow up with you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Pelican the week of Oct 13, 2012, The resort is amazing and the staff provide wonderful service to complete your vacation. We had an oceanfront with balcony... and the view each morning was wonderful... we rarely left the resort to eat ...because the restaurants were wonderful... This resort is close to everything that you may want to see or do in Fort Lauderdale...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveller154943
Dear traveller154943,

It is wonderful to read your comments and how much you enjoyed your stay. It is equally gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed the service from our very special team members. I personally want to thank you for your business and I know I speak for our entire team when I say we are all looking forward to your return.

Boulder
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Loved the resort location right on the beach. Weather was terrific until the last day when Sandy reared her ugly head. Room was well furnished, if a bit dated, and the balcony overlooking the Atlantic was very nice. Food at all locations in the resort is fine,but rather expensive. Although somewhat isolated from the more "active" areas of Ft Lauderdale (a positive thing, in my mind for the most part...) we found transportation even without a car rental is accesible and relatively easy to manage. Special "shout outs" to the dining room staff (Thanks Marcelo, et. al!) the Front lobby(especially the helpful Alex) and our freinds in Postcards Lounge (Melissa, Randy, Jan and the rest...) We would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone who prefers a relaxing beach vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dwight L,

We are so glad you discovered our little slice of paradise on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. You are very kind to mention so many of our team members that made your trip special. You are correct that we are in a more private area on Ft. Lauderdale beach which most of our guests enjoy being just out of the fray of the strip.
I know I speak for our entire team when I say that we are all looking forward to your return.

Sayville, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this resort and I found it to be one of the most enjoyable vacations I have had in a long time. My accommodations were in a suite overlooking the ocean and the rooms were beautifully decorated and well maintained. It was wonderful to be able to have my morning coffee on the patio overlooking the ocean. The thing that most impressed me, however, was the wonderful staff at this resort. From the hotel Manager, (Wes), to the Asst. Manager, (Chris), to the front desk staff, Dana and Ashley, everyone was so service-oriented and focused on making sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable.
Be sure to check out the North Ocean Grille, during your stay. The menu is all new and the food is excellent. The wait staff in the restaurant is also first rate. If you have any type of food allergy they will make sure that you do not go away hungry.
I would definitely return to this resort.

Room Tip: The rooms with an ocean view are well worth the additional money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Carol F,

Thank you so much for your review of the Pelican Grand. It is great to read how much you enjoyed your stay but most of all it is great to read the names of so many of our outstanding team members that made your stay special. It is also wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed our new menu in the North Ocean Grille.
Personally I want to thank you for your business and hope you will be back to see us soon.

Sincerely
Jericho, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My first experience here was fantastic.I had a beautiful room with an ocean view.The hotel staff couldn't be nicer to me during a stressful hurricane .I need to especially mention Dana and Ashley at the front desk.
also assistant manager Chris and manager Wes.They all were so friendly and did the best they could to make oyur stay one to remember.The hotel itself is classy with a large porch with rocking chairs to view the ocean by day or night.You can eat inside or outside at the north ocean grille-both are fantastic.We had gourmet dining at all 4 of our diners.We had a very nice and competent server.He even had Richard(MY FAVORITE florida chef )come out to speak to us.The quality of the food is excellent.They paid attention to my food allergies.I smiled after every meal.They are all an asset to the hotel.I am so glad I found this oasis.I am looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: get an ocean view,go to happy hour,check dinner specials.Ask them to arrange your rental car-very re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Barbara R,

We are so glad that you discovered our little slice of paradise on Fort Lauderdale beach even in the midst of our bad weather during Sandy. I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us and you were very kind to mention our outstanding front office team. I hope you will return soon and we all want to thank you for your business.