Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Il lugano was way more then xpected. The suite was magnificent along with the staff. Some how we got upgraded to the top floor and got free breakfast, for our entire stay, to boot. Plus our romantic meal at, da Campo Osteria, was beyond limits...and Chef Raymond was nice enough to come out to greet us, a sincere meet not one of them phony ones.

2  Thank Willie R
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Willie R,

We are so happy that you were so pleased with all the great enhancements so badly needed, we look forward to having as our guest again very soon.

The best to you and yours,

Seth M. Berkeley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

False advertising plain and simple. Hotel went into bankruptcy and was sold two weeks ago. Yet they still list the amenities on their site, specifically the lobby bar and bar menu. The general manager, Seth, said the were "not allowed" to take down the amenity list until the property official transferred and closed with the new owners. Especially for a solo traveler, this is NOT the place for you. Buyer beware and I would recommend calling in advance to make sure the pool hasn't been drained.

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Tom C
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Tom C,

I am sorry for your experience here at our fantastic property. I am sorry that you read older amenities that the last management company listed. We have integrity and hold ourselves to the highest level of service. We have done no false advertising, because we were not the ownership that posted what you were speaking of. We certainly invite you back very soon to experience the wonderful new property that we have here.

The best to you and your family and as always safe travels.....

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I haven't had a vacation in a long time this hotel made my stay even better and i would choose it again soon. The4y had a great pool and easy way to enjoy your stay. they had easy access to many beaches and shops as well.

Room Tip: choose the room on the top floor facing the bay so you can see the boats..
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacob H
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Jacob,

We want every guest to feel at home and welcomed and for sure you did! That makes me so proud and happy that you enjoyed our magnificent property and staff. Please come back and see us very soon!!!

The best to you and yours!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had a great recent stay at the Il Lugano. Great hotel, but most impressive is their staff. Warm, accomidating, and informed. I particularly have to give props to Lindsay, the bartender (among other responsibilities). She was charming, comfortable to talk to and happy to answer the many questions I had about the area. If I owned a hotel, she is the person I would hire to run it as she really sets the bar high for customer service.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your experience here at Il Lugano. I believe that all of our employees share the same work ethic and winning leadership skills that Lindsay possesses so we certainly hope we see you again very soon...

The best to you,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Made reservations in car driving on alligator ally. Maryann was informative and met her when we checked in. All the staff were friendly and helped when needed. We had suite 921 which overlooked both intercoastal and Atlantic. Room had everything you would need if staying a week. There was a wedding on Saturday night so we didn't want to try the restaurant and be disappointed. Ate there the next morning and I know I Would Not have been disappointed .Service & food were excellent. Spent afternoon by pool, which was relaxing after stressful week at work. Boat taxi service next to pool area which made it easy to travel without driving. We enjoyed this stay very much and will be back

3  Thank HuesoNaplesFl
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear HuesoNaplesFL.

I am so happy that we delivered as we always promise. Be sure to try the restaurant next time that you are in town, it is really incredible. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and please do not be a stranger.

The best to you always,

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I recently returned from a three night stay at the II Lugano in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is modern and has An extremely clean smell that is noticed immediately upon entering the lobby. The hotel is not located on the beach, but is within walking distance. We had a room overlooking the intercostal with great views. The rooms are very spacious, as ours had more than sufficient closet space, a kitchenette, and a washer and dryer. I would have to say the highlight of the room, was the balcony, which stretched the distance of our room and included chairs and a table. The staff was very helpful and extremely pleasant and willing to help. If you are looking for a quiet stay at a great value, this would be a place worth considering.

2  Thank Adam J
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Adam J,

We all appreciate your positive comments that you shared. Thank you very much for staying with us and am looking forward to you having another great visit with us very soon.

Thank you and safe travels to you always,

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My company uses this hotel whenever we have to travel to our regional office in Ft. Lauderdale. This was a really nice place. The hotel room was of good size, and it came with a full kitchenette with stove, fridge, microwave, sink area, and dishwasher. I was on per diem but this was most economical if you are going to be in the area for a while and prefer to save money by stockpiling food/frozen dinners and making them yourself. The Front Desk was very professional, and very helpful when I got to the airport and realized I had left my BOSE noise cancelling headphones in my hotel safe. They retrieved the headphones and delivered them to one of my colleagues.

The view I had was great. I could see the inter-waterway system. The bar was cozy and relaxing, and the complimentary breakfast was also very good. My company has this as part of the deal, but I think there is otherwise a flat rate for this. I did not dine there in the evenings. Call me cheap, but hotel dinners are expensive and there are lots of good restaurants in the area. A nearby sports bar (Bokampers) was a bit of an "eye opener" when I realized all the waitresses were wearing spandex Daisy Dukes. The food and service were both good, although there are other restaurants nearby to have a good meal and many opportunities to sit by the water and enjoy a drink. Look out for the mosquitos!!! The first two nights I got eaten up at the outdoor restaurants and ended up going over to Walgreens for some bug spray.

When I’m staying in a hotel I usually don’t make too much use of the room other than to sleep and hub out of, but the balcony at this hotel was wonderful. I spent a lot of evenings sitting outside checking eMail, reading, or just kicking back. The photo I've included is the view from my balcony. This hotel really is a relaxing place. The taxi to the airport is going to run you about $30.00 and not all taxis take credit cards.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms face the water. I was given such a room and didn't have to ask.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gwijie
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear GWIJIE,

We are thankful to all of our corporate accounts and appreciate you choosing us as your travel destination. We hope that all of your stays are fantastic ones and that you come back and visit us again very soon.

The Best to you always,