“best hotel employee I've met in a long time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“best hotel employee I've met in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had a great recent stay at the Il Lugano. Great hotel, but most impressive is their staff. Warm, accomidating, and informed. I particularly have to give props to Lindsay, the bartender (among other responsibilities). She was charming, comfortable to talk to and happy to answer the many questions I had about the area. If I owned a hotel, she is the person I would hire to run it as she really sets the bar high for customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your experience here at Il Lugano. I believe that all of our employees share the same work ethic and winning leadership skills that Lindsay possesses so we certainly hope we see you again very soon...

The best to you,
Seth M. Berkeley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Turkish first
Naples Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Made reservations in car driving on alligator ally. Maryann was informative and met her when we checked in. All the staff were friendly and helped when needed. We had suite 921 which overlooked both intercoastal and Atlantic. Room had everything you would need if staying a week. There was a wedding on Saturday night so we didn't want to try the restaurant and be disappointed. Ate there the next morning and I know I Would Not have been disappointed .Service & food were excellent. Spent afternoon by pool, which was relaxing after stressful week at work. Boat taxi service next to pool area which made it easy to travel without driving. We enjoyed this stay very much and will be back

3 Thank HuesoNaplesFl
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear HuesoNaplesFL.

I am so happy that we delivered as we always promise. Be sure to try the restaurant next time that you are in town, it is really incredible. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and please do not be a stranger.

The best to you always,

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I recently returned from a three night stay at the II Lugano in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is modern and has An extremely clean smell that is noticed immediately upon entering the lobby. The hotel is not located on the beach, but is within walking distance. We had a room overlooking the intercostal with great views. The rooms are very spacious, as ours had more than sufficient closet space, a kitchenette, and a washer and dryer. I would have to say the highlight of the room, was the balcony, which stretched the distance of our room and included chairs and a table. The staff was very helpful and extremely pleasant and willing to help. If you are looking for a quiet stay at a great value, this would be a place worth considering.

Cleanliness
2 Thank Adam J
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Adam J,

We all appreciate your positive comments that you shared. Thank you very much for staying with us and am looking forward to you having another great visit with us very soon.

Thank you and safe travels to you always,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

My company uses this hotel whenever we have to travel to our regional office in Ft. Lauderdale. This was a really nice place. The hotel room was of good size, and it came with a full kitchenette with stove, fridge, microwave, sink area, and dishwasher. I was on per diem but this was most economical if you are going to be in the area for a while and prefer to save money by stockpiling food/frozen dinners and making them yourself. The Front Desk was very professional, and very helpful when I got to the airport and realized I had left my BOSE noise cancelling headphones in my hotel safe. They retrieved the headphones and delivered them to one of my colleagues.

The view I had was great. I could see the inter-waterway system. The bar was cozy and relaxing, and the complimentary breakfast was also very good. My company has this as part of the deal, but I think there is otherwise a flat rate for this. I did not dine there in the evenings. Call me cheap, but hotel dinners are expensive and there are lots of good restaurants in the area. A nearby sports bar (Bokampers) was a bit of an "eye opener" when I realized all the waitresses were wearing spandex Daisy Dukes. The food and service were both good, although there are other restaurants nearby to have a good meal and many opportunities to sit by the water and enjoy a drink. Look out for the mosquitos!!! The first two nights I got eaten up at the outdoor restaurants and ended up going over to Walgreens for some bug spray.

When I’m staying in a hotel I usually don’t make too much use of the room other than to sleep and hub out of, but the balcony at this hotel was wonderful. I spent a lot of evenings sitting outside checking eMail, reading, or just kicking back. The photo I've included is the view from my balcony. This hotel really is a relaxing place. The taxi to the airport is going to run you about $30.00 and not all taxis take credit cards.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms face the water. I was given such a room and didn't have to ask.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gwijie
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear GWIJIE,

We are thankful to all of our corporate accounts and appreciate you choosing us as your travel destination. We hope that all of your stays are fantastic ones and that you come back and visit us again very soon.

The Best to you always,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Impressive!!!
My husband and I went on a long weekend escape this past weekend. Staying at Il Lugano was amazing. From check in, to room service, to pet friendly. Everything in the hotel was impressive.
Brian was our great bellman, he was so attentive and caring; Stanley in the restaurant was so knwoledgeable about the food; service was outstanding. Last but not leats, Marianne was so helpful with having my reservation all set together.
Thank you for an amazing stay, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Intracoastal view, you will love it.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Daphne M,

We all try so hard on a daily basis to make this property fantastic, and for sure you have noticed. We love our property, our staff and guests. We strive to get better all of the time so please come back and have another wonderful stay very soon.

Safe travels to you always,

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

this must be about our 5th stay here cant find anywhere better for the money
ideal accomodation for couples or families in spacious rooms with kitchen area and fridge so you can cook a little if you feel like it and also with laundry facilities.
close to beach ......2 blocks
friendly and helpful staff
clean and tidy property
whats not to like???

Room Tip: high room with intercoastal view and gets afternoon sun
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 905beatty
That was so nice to hear publicly that we are such a perfect choice for relaxation and elegance, please come back and have another fantastic experience very soon.

The best to you always,

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I decided to take a pre-anniversary/long weekend trip. We had booked our hotel on hotwire well in advanced. Well we arrived on friday afternoon and to our dismay our room wasnt ready, dejana was at the desk and instead of us getting upset. She put us in a room and upgraded it for us, wonderful customer service considering we had been on the room for awhile and was tired. She also recommended places for us to go considering we didnt know anything about the area. We had a blast here in south florida and told her we would be back in the near future and we have friends coming and we told them to ask for her. She was a wonderful help and we appreciated all that she did and how wonderful the hotel was. It was a home away from home complete with a fridge microwave and a washer and dryer. I would so recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Go on hotwire.com we did and came out with this hotel
1 Thank Kaikaijonespage
Our Friends in Atlanta Georgia,

I am so happy that we were able to make a special weekend even more special,
We strive to be full luxury excellence and for sure you have noticed. Please come back and celebrate many more with us in the future,

The best to you,