Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Referred here by a friend. Great location, great service and had a excellent view from my room. Started every night with Lindsey at the lobby bar. She made us feel so at home. Always remembered our names and very conversational. She always started our evening off with a bang.
We had a great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Icetoeskimos1,

Please thank your friend for referring you to our lovely hotel. We appreciate you mentioning Lindsey at the bar for her great service and personality. Thank you for staying with us and we will see you next time you find yourself in sunny South Florida!

Kind Regards,

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Always feels like home. I've stayed here a couple of times and it's always super enjoyable. I try to get a room Intracoastal. I go for the King 1Bdrm Suite and the views are spectacular. All the comforts of home with great service. Away from the busy hustle and bustle. They do have a car will take you anywhere you need to go within a couple mile radius. I always rent a car and park right across the street in meter parking. Very nice getaway location. I would recommend anyone stay here, they won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Intracoastal view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Corkyme

Dear Corkyme,

On behalf of the entire staff at the il Lugano, we are all so happy that it feels like home when you stay with us. Thank you kindly for your review and your feedback. I truly believe that our rooms on the Intracoastal are amongst the absoulte best in Ft. Lauderdale so I'm gald you were able to enjoy that. We look forward to your next vacation with us!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday by bringing him to the Il Lugano for the weekend without being sure how it would be. I was so happy I chose this hotel. I originally booked a regular king bed intracoastal view room, but when I checked in was given the option to upgrade to a suite for an extra $20 & was very glad I did. The room was like a mini apartment with a beautiful kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom with a king size bed. The room had one giant balcony overlooking the intracoastal with two sliding doors, one from the living room and the other from the bedroom. We didn't want to leave! The only negative was the small weird pool that was way too close to the building with no pool staff BUT there were cabana-like lounge chairs on a raised wooden dock right on the intracoastal that made up for it. Plus with no pool staff we were able to bring our own alcohol in a cooler (and took home some towels.. shh) haha. If I could afford to live there I would, which is an actual option because monthly rentals are available for lease.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hova88
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Hova88,

I'm delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. It's great that you took advantage of the suite upgrade as you experienced one of the best suites in the Ft Lauderdale area. We appreciate your time and your feedback. Feel free to visit us again in the near future. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a lovely suite (two night stay) with every possible option. I chose the location to be near the beach. Located on the inter-coastal area of Fort Lauderdale, it was a bit far to walk to nearby beach. It would be great to stay for a family week. The service was very accommodating for the additional nearby room we required for my cousins. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was a good choice.

Dear jerseygirl4491,

Thank you for your review and your time spent with us at the il Lugano. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your lovely suite and that you dined with us at Da Campo Osteria as well. We're glad to have you stay with your family for a week with us whenever you'd like! Thanks again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've stayed a lot at this wonderful hotel and it's amazing! The beauty of the facility is gorgeous and the rooms have the most gorgeous views ever! The staff is truly incredible and the restaurant is absolutely fantastic. I can assure you, you'll enjoy your stay there!

Penny England

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny E
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Penny E,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your lovely review of the il Lugano. We are incredibly happy that you had such a nice time with us during your stay. We are excited to have you back again the next time you visit Ft Lauderdale!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is beautiful inside! We stayed here when we got married before departing for our honeymoon. The rooms are gorgeous and have very tall ceilings. I felt like I was in a movie! The balcony overlooking the inter coastal waterway was quite a magnificent view. I just loved eating breakfast out on our balcony each morning (even though they do not provide breakfast). Our suite was one of the cheaper suites but it still had a washer and dryer, dishwasher, and toaster, oven, and microwave. The pool was rather small and mostly shaded but the area surrounding it had many padded sun chairs/beds where you could lay out. The hotel bar had very friendly bartenders and had a nice atmosphere. There were a lot of shops and salons, bars, and restaurants in walking distance of Il Lugano which made it nice because many of my guests who stayed there for my wedding did not rent vehicles.

The staff initially were not friendly and an issue arouse where I was told the shuttle service to transport my guests to my wedding would not be available. Initially I was told the hotel had a shuttle within a 3-mile-radius. I reported this to the general manager who promptly took action to ensure everyone would make it to my wedding via the shuttle service. She was wonderful and made sure all my guests had transportation both TO and FROM my wedding!

This hotel is priced right also!

Room Tip: Get a "water view" room, otherwise you will have to look at the parking lot from your beau...

Dear Stacie K,

First and foremost congratulations on your wedding! We greatly appreciate you having your wedding guests stay with us and I'm delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay here. I apologize about the initial issues with the shuttle situation and I am glad that all got situated out for you. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you can join us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a three night stay at the Il Lugano Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, FL over the Columbus Day weekend. The facility was beautiful. Between the ocean and the intercostal waterway, just north of Oakland Park Blvd, close to A1A. Our two room suite was on the top floor, the tenth floor. It was tastefully decorated, quite and very relaxing. We enjoyed the suite's balcony overlooking the Atlantic ocean, and spent late evenings enjoying the cool ocean breeze and early mornings watching the sun rise over the Atlantic. We had a king bed that was very comfortable. The hotel staff were pleasant and professional, ready with directions or recommendations regarding attractions or restaurants Over all the Il Lugano is very upscale. We definitely would return to this facility when we return to the Ft. Lauderdale area. However they only offer valet parking at a cost of $25 per night . If one desired to self park one has to use the municipal lot across the street (free 6 PM to 8 AM) and metered at all other times. This was the only negative of our entire stay, and a minor one at that. Overall the facility is outstanding and my spouse loved it and said it was the best accommodation we've had since returning from Egypt a bit over six years ago.

Room Tip: Our room 1004 overlooked A1A and the Atlantic Ocean to the East of the hotel. We had a fantastic v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear daDD144, Thanks so much for your great comments on our fabulous Hotel and team – we are very proud of our hotel and love to hear from our guests about their great stays with us!. We look forward to welcoming you back in to the IL Lugano Hotel when you are next in Florida. Best regards Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager.