“The Ritz has lost its Glitz!”
Review of Via Luna - CLOSED

Via Luna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Castillo St
Description: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with outdoor dining available / Reservations recommended
Florida
“The Ritz has lost its Glitz!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

A nice facility with good food. The servers were well trained but under staffed and although they hustled the service was quite slow. Outside dinning with a beach view is available but be aware that there may be a lot of traffic noise from passing cars. Since becoming part of Marriott family the Ritz seems to have lost its Glitz. It appears to be toning down its elegant image and trending more to a family oriented chain. Too bad, there are many family restaurants but few restaurants as elegant as the Ritz once was.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robert G

Virginia
“Not at all what we had expected”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband wanted to take me out for a really nice dinner, well guess what?
It was extremely disappointing, and I could not eat my pasta dinner. I had to return it, and I do not ever, I mean EVER do this....
My husband ordered blackened grouper! but it actually was not blackened, it looked boiled but he said it was good.
Our server needs to take some lessons on being personable, he went and leaned against the rail which was about 4 feet away and took our order.
Then when we got the bill they added on 20 percent, shame on the Ritz Carlton, we both own businesses, work hard and like to dine at very nice Restaurants and stay at nice resorts .
What a waste of what was supposed to be a beautiful relaxing evening....

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lollypop
Hollywood, Florida
“I keep going back for more...”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love the service at Via Luna, all of the waiter's I had so far have been amazing. I can truelly say out of all the restaurants I have been to in south Florida so far, via luna have the best service when it comes to the waiters. The restaurant is inside Ritz carlton hotel. Honestly i dont think the prices is bad at all. But than again I eat out alot and I know the different between good and bad prices or when restaurants tried to ripe you off. If you want to have a nice and quite and peaceful dinner where soft music is playing in the background this is the place to go too.

• Visited October 2013
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Relaxing lunch with Great service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Leave it the Ritz to have their wait staff "over serve" ...its about the service and they perform! From the beginning to the end of lunch my server was incredible - I had three different apps and he made suggestions on the timing of the service. In addition he comp'd my second glass of wine!

• Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Would expect better quality food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Friendly staff, a little pricey but as expected in the Ritz Carlton. I dont mind paying good money for good food but unfortunately the food didnt live up to the price tag. Dont get me wrong, the food was fine but just not worth the price tag

Visited September 2013