“Excellent Ambiance and service!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Via Luna - CLOSED

Via Luna
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Castillo St
Description: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with outdoor dining available / Reservations recommended
usa
“Excellent Ambiance and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I ate here on July 3, 2013. As one might expect from the Ritz Carlton, the service was very good. Attentive without being overbearing. We were seated outdoors with a full view of the ocean. The crowd at the restaurant is much more mature (and therefore quieter) than at other places nearby, which makes this a great place for couples or someone who wants a nice relaxed meal.

While the food was definitely above-average, I didn't feel it had the "wow" factor I was expecting, but that didn't make it bad. It's kind of difficult to find Italian food that has "wow" potential but I liked my meal and I thought overall this was a good place to go.

I would definitely recommend this to couples who are looking for a quiet and romantic evening.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank number5alive

st francisville LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Casual Terrace Dining at Ritz Carlton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The staff is great and the food was really good -- try the seafood sampler it is a wonderful pan of all sorts of clams, shrimp, etc -- quite delicious!

Visited July 2013
STAFFS
“VIA LUNA - WHERE THEY CARE ABOUT THE TURTLES AND THE FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

A delightful experience, looked after so well by the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The fresh produce used shone through. The view of the Atlantic by moonlight was stupendous. They even use amber terrace lighting so as not to confuse the turtles in their mating season. How about that?! The cost of the food and wine is considerable but then it is a considerable experience and one which we intend to repeat before I leave my son in the USA! Thanks for a wonderful night. Special mention to the mighty Maine lobster risotto by the way.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Brunch on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Sunday mornings for breakfast in Ft Lauderdale leave you with an insane amount of places to choose from , but we wanted something amazing so we decided on Brunch @ Via Luna @ The Ritz Carlton.. So glad we did!
The Hotel Lobby is amazing and the restaurant faces the ocean and the beach and we lucked out, it was a gorgeous morning!. Not the cheapest place on the beach to have breakfast, however worth every penny.. Unlimited Mimosas, and Bloody Marys, a carving station, pasta bar, seafood bar, omelet station, fresh waffles, I could go on, but you get the point.. Everything we had was delicious, and we tried to have everything! Then we thought we were done when we were directed to the Dessert Room... YUMMMM!!
In a bit of a food coma the rest of the day but I cant wait to be in that coma there again soon!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Falls Church, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I took my mom to the Via Luna bar for birthday cocktails and appetizers, it was amazing. We had impeccable service, the ambiance was beautiful (modern, lovely chandelier, great view of the ocean). The bar/lounge seating was comfortable and the cocktails we ordered were among the best I have ever had. Our server recommended the signature sliders and lobster roll sliders, both were great. A nice touch was that they brought out a complimentary brownie for my mom's birthday. I could not have been more please with the experience. Thank you!

• Visited June 2013