“Our server disappeared. Bartender could not make a two ingredient drink”
Review of Via Luna - CLOSED

Via Luna
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Castillo St
Description: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with outdoor dining available / Reservations recommended
“Our server disappeared. Bartender could not make a two ingredient drink”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Our server was very attentive, until we received our entree then he disappeared. We could not order another drink or dessert or get our check without our server because the young people tending to us spoke very little English. So we had to ask for him and then wait and wait to order dessert. And ask for him and wait and wait for our check. He apologized saying he was busy with a large table. He was prompt in processing our payment and did comp our coffee and dessert because we were clearly frustrated.

I ordered an amaretto sour. It's a VERY complicated drink- sweet & sour mix plus amaretto! The bar's first attempt had orange juice in it. I explained to our waiter how to make it, and sent it back-- yet the remake was worse. At that point I gave up.

The scallops were divine! Key lime tart was to delicious.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Beach view bliss at Via Luna Bar”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

There is outdoor patio seating to the bar at Via Luna Bar in the Ft Lauderdale Ritz-Carlton that allows you to leisurely sit on the couches facing the ocean and indulge in bar bites or a full menu from Via Luna. It's generally a quiet atmosphere with music in the background unless the pedestrians a few steps below get rowdy or an A1A cruiser is loud - even then, they go by quickly enough.

The italian sausage flatbread is spicy and delicious, covered with carmelized onions and fresh arugula. The meatball was great; it is bigger than a baseball and served in a light red sauce. The beet salad with a healthy serving of roasted beets, candied walnuts, gorgonzola and arugla is superb. A great wine list and full bar make it a prime place to escape.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jacqui B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great waitstaff-Great with Gluten Free !”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My daughter and I spent time at the RitzCarton Ft.
Lauderdale. The wait staff was incredibly attentive to my daughter' Gluten Free
diet restrictions. Since she is a diagnosed Celiac, this is HUGE. Jame for dinner, Jean Paul for breakfast. Both did a stellar job. The Wine Bistro is wonderful as well.

1 Thank slowbutsteady
Vermont
“Fantastic 50th B-day dinner”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband took me ot Ft. Lauderdale to celebrate my 50th birthday week of October 1, 2012. One of our special meals was at Via Luna at the Ritz Carlton. We sat outside and had a lovely meal. I had the free range chicken and my husband had the duck confit. The chicken takes a while but it was worth it-- tender and delicious. The duck was the best my husband had ever had. We followed with a delicious dessert and coffee.

Our server was Ingrid, who was fun while being very professional!

I recommend this restaurant, though I generally avoid hotel restaurants. If you want a romantic date night in Fort Lauderdale, give it a shot!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RatherBSailing
New York City, New York
“Bravo!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Bravo!
Dinner at Via Luna was one of the best experiences in Fort Lauderdale. Very elegant place, excellent service, breathtaking ocean view. The food is really good. My husband had Braised OssoBucco and I had Broiled Salmon. Looking forward to return there when next time in Fort Lauderdale.

• Visited September 2012