“Ask for Staff Recommendations”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #15 of 1,344 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our bellman at the Hilton recommended this restaurant for water front dining.

We had the scoobies as our appetizer, crab cakes, comfort bowl, grouper special of the day, and the coconut cheesecake. FANTASTIC. We asked our waitress for recommendations and ordered everything she suggested and we did not regret it. The view is gorgeous and it was a great ending to our trip.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went here after the home show, first time there. It was just ok. The food...not too good. The smoked fish dip and dip tri app was disappointing. My lobster in my lobster salad was little rare for me. My fiancee crab cakes were good. Others had fried softshell crab was pretty good and fried shrimp was good. Drinks were ok, stick with beer. The view is nice, its on the side of a marina so there's a few big yachts and some high rises. But being in ft Lauderdale you can find alot better. I must mention our waitress was the best, so sweet and descriptive and knowledgeable of their food.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I were referred to this restaurant by a friend. It must have been a while since he was here. We asked for their Happy Hour cocktails and were charged $8 a drink for a watered down cocktail. My wife ordered the lobster roll which was just OK and a side of Mac and cheese which she said was good. I ordered the "fresh" Mahi sandwich. I took the first bite and quickly realized that they had not removed a very large blood line. Talk about fishy! The side was French fries that looked and tasted like they had just come out of an Orida frozen fries box. We landed up spending North of $80 for the meal. Fool me once....my fault.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

High priced NY strip was well prepared. Clam chowder was local style...so if you are a purist like me, then leave it alone. High priced beers. Limited entrée menu, but they did have basic sandwiches to keep you from starving. The conch fritters are sooorrrryyyyyy, Run AWAY!

Lots of loud rich drunks - so if that floats your boat then go for it my brother! Parking is a 'free valet' nightmare - so walk is you can....forget that - you rich folks do not walk anywhere....right?

Reviewed June 9, 2014

While waiting for our room to be ready at the Marriott across the street, the valet suggested Coconut's for lunch. So glad he did. We were seated right away, outside on the marina. Our server Amy was so nice, knowledgeable and patient. My husband had the turkey BLT and loved it. I had the seafood salad and was equally happy. Thanks so much Amy!