“Great food and service!”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #19 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Keller, Texas, United States
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

All dishes sampled were outstanding, be sure to ask for the "Scoobies". Fish dishes were fresh and the service, both times that we visited (for a lunch and a dinner) was excellent. Wait staff very knowledgeable and aware of what was the 'freshest' that particular meal.

Visited April 2014

Captiva Island, Florida
“Fun, casual, good food”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great waterfront locale, if you are able to get a table outside. Gets crowded early. Great service and a nice menu. I was surprised that the only shrimp they offer is coconut shrimp, when I usually prefer regular fried shrimp. The french fries are the crinkle-cut frozen fries, which is always a disappointment in restaurants. We ordered the evening's special, which was a sauteed mahi over basmati rice, with a wonderful sauce. Very fresh tasting.

Valet parking only, in a very crowded lot, although the attendants were fairly prompt at retrieving the cars.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“You MUST go to this restaurant”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am so excited to be writing this review- I quickly searched on my Trip Advisory App close restaurants to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and Coconuts appeared as just across the street. My husband looked through the menu and since we were travelling with our young son, he didn't think it was the best place for us. However, with my persistence and he now admits "thanks to my wife" we were more than pleased with our food and turns out several families were there eating dinner!! We enjoyed the Yummy jerk chicken wings with just the right kick as appetizers a cheese quesadilla from the "verbal" kids menu, swordfish special for my hubby and the fish tacos were mine to enjoy....oh the fish tacos. AMAZING flavor. Everything coming out of the kitchen looked delicious. I can't wait to go back next time we are in Fort Lauderdale.

Cleveland, Ohio
“FIVE STAR FOOD”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was the best Seafood Restaurant I have ever been to. I was in Lauderdale for a week and ate there twice. I had the best Lobster Pasta ever created. My wife and I split an order of Paella which was awesome. The Crab Claw Scoobies and Coconut Shrimp appetizers were superb. Our server Juan was fantastic. We ate the bar one night and I forget the bartenders name but he was awesome as well,.

Visited April 2014
Chicago
1,314 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,188 helpful votes
“Located a block off the beach on the intercostal”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had lunch here. The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but the deck and inside are very nice. It is a casual lunch feel with really good food. Coconuts and G&B Oyster Bar are both connected. I started off with a frozen mojito that was good. For the main course I ordered the Pompano fish grilled with corn relish on top and cole slaw on the side. It was very good. It was not huge portion but certainly adequate. The cost of my meal and drink was $42 with tip and this was the lunch menu, which changes at 4:30 pm. Pricey but everywhere here is about the same. The restaurant is located a block off the beach on the intercostal. They have a lot of tables outside which provides the view of the yachts and water.