“Ate here 3 times in 4 days”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #19 of 1,366 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to start. As other reviewers said coleslaw was unbelievable. Crab cakes are to die for. The service and food were great and we found this place by accident! Oh, and you MUST THE JERK CHICKEN WINGS. They are grilled and have wonderful flavor. We kept coming back while in the area!!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,941)

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My wife and I both ordered the Coconut Shrimp Platter which included 7 shrimp with French fries and cole slaw. Instead of fries, I substituted stuffing and my wife ordered corn-on-the-cob at no additional cost. The shrimp was hot, but short on coconut and slightly overcooked. Sides were OK, but the wonderful cole slaw exceeded our expectations! Service was good and the hot moist towel at the end of the meal was a nice touch. The place was busy. We left satisfied and glad we paid a visit to Coconuts.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Both my wife and myself observed that most of the wait staff doesn't look happy. Granted, when we visited it was very bust but a smile or a sense of friendliness can go along way.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was an excellent place for seafood. During my trip I ended up eating here twice and once at the adjoining oyster bar. (you can order off the oyster bar menu from coconuts, but not the opposite) It was an easy walk from our hotel about a mile away.
Everything I as well as my co-worker ordered tasted great. It can be a little loud with all the people and you can probably expect a wait for any more than two people. There is some patio seating, but they keep all the giant doors and windows open and there was a nice warm breeze going through while we were there.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was a great place for food on the water. Everything was fresh and tasted great. The service was friendly and welcoming. It has a nice view of a private marina area including seagulls on the dock.