“Stick to the basics, enjoy the view and the friendly vibe”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #18 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Stick to the basics, enjoy the view and the friendly vibe”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My brother and a friend were in town from up north and we went to Coconut's for dinner. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating - we were told a 30 -45 minute wait and it turned out to be closer to 20 minutes for outside table. Take notes, the waiter will spend at least 1 - 2 minutes descrbing the elaborate and overpriced specials. Some of them are recurring as I've heard them repetitvely described as specials on numerous visits - they may as well be on the menu. We had the stone crab claws and conch fritters as appetizers; stone crab was excellent albeit pricey - served fresh (shells did not stick to the flesh of the claw) served on ice with a great mustard sauce on the side. The conch fritters were a disappointment. I order them out a lot and these had no (0) conch in them. They were conchless fritters. My brother and his friend had jumbalaya - it looked like more rice than anything else but he said it was well seasoned and tasty. My friend and I ordered the mahi sandwhich which is always quite good. (I take issue with the previous review which described the fish as tastless - it is supposed to be a very mild fish!) I asked for tartar sauce on the side and it was served on the bun - not a big deal. The side of aspargus was also well prepared and seasoned, slightly crisp, not overcooked. We also had a side of deviled eggs whcih are pretty good here! They add 18% gratuity and from the look on our waiter's face I think he expected more which he would have gotten had they not automatically set an amount for the patron which I think is presumptuous. Parking is free by valet only - convenient for the beach. My advice from going to this place on numerous occassions: stick to the standard menu items/simple fare in the $12 - $24 range which are tasty and enjoy the view and the ambience and, for a splurge, visit one of the waterside restaurants in the area that offer more of a fine dining experience.

1 Thank Tim P

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great, water-side dining”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great place for dining on the water. Went with a friend and had brunch. We ordered a few items to share...don't forget to order the donuts!

Visited October 2013
“The best crab cakes!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted seafood for our final vacation dinner last night, so we chose Coconuts as reccomended by our hotel. The server (Adam maybe?) was great. He was on top of his game with the specials, drinks and dinner menu. We both had the crab cakes and they were the best I've ever tasted, and the drinks were so yummy and refreshing. Thank you for a great meal!

Belleville, Illinois, United States
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ended up here because our plans changed due to rain. The food was great. I highly recommend the "Scoobies". Very tasty. It was a very hopping place, but casual.

Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Always a nice lunch”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have had lunch on our days off several times the past few years.
The resturant has a great view of the intracoastal waterway and the huge yachts that are docked nearby
They have an outside eating area where they allow dogs so we can bring our mini aussie with us.
The food is good. They have daily specials and occasionally have a cuban sandwich as a special that is not to be missed. Their peel and eat shrimp and huge and very tasty.
Service is excellent
Atmosphere excellent
Highly recommend this place!