“Come for the food, stay for the Tarpon”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #18 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Come for the food, stay for the Tarpon”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a very good meal dockside. The coolest part was going down to the water and seeing huge Tarpon swimming around the dock. The food was standard bar fare, done well! We would go back for sure!!

• Visited March 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Crab cakes”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not only does Coconuts have a great view and outstanding service, they have the best crab cakes! The specials menus changes often which is nice for the regulars although I always seem to get the crab cakes. The oyster menus is spot on with its descriptions. You don't have to guess how they will be. The heirloom tomato salad is also very tasty. You just can't beat that view at sunset!

• Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Beautiful Deck Seating”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice restaurant and oyster bar. Fresh seafood. Worth the wait for a table on the deck. Right on the intercoastal waterway. We had coconut shrimp and oysters. Bloody Mary was excellent too.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“great view”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

great view looking at the intercoastal and food also very good!! Can be crowded esp. in season but they have valet parking!!

• Visited August 2013
Alexandria
“Disappointed and under-appreciated customer.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Disappointing evening. Was planning to post a great review when my evening ended on a sour note; restaurant doesn't value its customers. Coconuts has poor customer service. Coconuts boasts free valet parking, however me and two other customers were forced to pay $10 for parking. Another customer frustrated with parking fee said you can count on me spending my money elsewhere. After spending more than $200 for dinner, I stepped away from the restaurant for less than 45 mins (verified time on my receipts) then I came back to the Coconuts bar for drinks. When I left restaurant the parking attendant said I owed $10 for parking because I stepped away. When I questioned restaurant manager about parking fee, he said policy is posted on the sign, I never saw sign. Coconuts attitude lets me know they don't value my business. Had the parking lot been full and other patrons were waiting for parking, had I not patronized the restaurant after stepping away, or had I stepped away for an hour or more, I could appreciate Coconuts stance however none were the case. Manager tried to use excuse parking lot policy is separate from restaurant, manager seems savvy enough to know customers judge restaurant experience from parking to food. Disappointed and under-appreciated customer.

• Visited October 2013