“Worth the wait”

Coconuts
Ranked #29 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our server was excellent. She was enthusiastic and knew the menu. We enjoyed scoobies, Florida stone crab, lobster Mac and cheese and key lime pie. One day later, we're back in the ice and snow north of the border looking forward to our next trip to Coconuts!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,147)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We wanted to eat at a nice restaurant on the intercoastal waterway. We took this suggestion from a couple where we are staying. They don't accept reservations after 5pm each day so we went and had about an hour wait. It went quickly since the night was beautiful. When we got to our table it was outside near the rail and our server presented himself fairly quickly. We each had a drink and I ordered Coconut Shrimp since I had read so many great reviews on them and my husband had the Stone Crab Claws. I felt the Coconut Shrimp were okay, but I have certainly had better. They appeared to be like "out of a box" type. There was no hand made appearance to them and the sauce they came with was bland. The Stone Crab were ok but my husband felt they were a bit tough. (I think I would have preferred to go back to the Rustic Crab Inn). Here was the kicker... the shrimp $19 - ok that is a competitive price. The stone crab was $$$48 for 5 claws and some French fries. We knew they were on the pricey side but were a little shocked at that one. So while the service was great, the view beautiful, the food was just mediocre. Maybe we'd go back for a drink in the afternoon for the view and an appetizer, but not for dinner. Oh and if you are looking for a quiet romantic place this is not. Very lively!

1  Thank Santacruzer11
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Service at it's best! Friendly and just what you like to experience for dinner. Scoobies! delicious! What a treat. The view was very nice as it was evening. We had Coconut Shrimp which was very good - the sauce was not overpowering. The other was a fish dinner (Koobi?) topped with crab meat - it was good, but could have been a little warmer. Cooked just right and I ate every bite. Other than that, it was an excellent evening. Like I said, I will go back - Go and enjoy!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have lived in Ft.Lauderdale my entire life. If I have company, this is where we go. The atmosphere is perfect, waterfront views, good service, and the best appetizer is the Scoobies!!!! Crab claws in a spicy garlic and oil mix....with bread. Yummmm! Usually the fish of the day is good, lobster roll is good. Anything from their sister restaurant is great too. The G & B raw bar, they have the freshest oysters, frog legs, clams casino. Now I just need some visitors so I can go back.

3  Thank Weezie18
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We left the north with snow on the ground and had lunch in the warmth of the sun waterside. The service was terrific and the food was equally good. I had the coconut shrimp and there was not a shrimp left. The portions are on the larger side though. My daughter delighted int he pelicans walking along the pier and watching the boats come and go. The favorite was the iguana peering down on us from the awning. If you fly into FLL, this is a great place for lunch...just 15 minute drive. PERFECT.

2  Thank crofton2vegas