“Exceptional seafood; beautiful setting... But with a price”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #19 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Food- absolutely exceptional. Nothing I had was "bad", more so I was confused about which one was the best!
It was provably our crab leg appetizer dish... Omg...

Price- well you pay for the above. It bothered me that thy automatically added 18% gratuity to the bill, I felt the service was lackluster... See below. You'll definitely want to get appetizers and drinks, they're just so good.. And our total for four people was $170...

Service- did not meet up with food. I felt that our waiter felt as though he would already get the 18%, so he was a little rude and cold. Was not happy with this.

Atmosphere- we were there on a VERY busy Friday night... 70 minute wait... Luckily I was with a patient group of people. Besides it being extremely crowded and loud, the setting was very nice near the yachts.

Hope this helps:)

1  Thank travelerjp98
There are newer reviews for Coconuts

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Likely due to the great feedback, and also perhaps due to the enhanced menu, this is becoming an expensive place to eat. It was always a bit pricey due to the ICW location and associated views, but with the Oyster Bar attached, where you inevitably order Oysters while you wait for your table and the (much enhanced-large portions of ingredients) Spanish Paella special ($32.00 each), and wine and Appetizers (which included the Stone Crab claws - OUCH - I thought they said the appetizer portion of 2 med. size claws was $14.00 but I was charged $24.00)....needless to say this compares to the Timpanillo Chop house and other expensive downtown and Las Olas extravagances!

Having said that the food WAS EXCELLANT, Service good and we had a great time there!

2  Thank GaryReg
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Two of us ate here for dinner on St. Patrick's Day evening. Even though we ate early (5:30 ish) the place was quite crowded, though we were able to be seated outside on the deck. Everything was great. We had the Scoobies appetizer -- make sure you dip your bread in the sauce -- delicious. One of us had the corvise special - outstanding - and one of us had the swordfish - excellent! For dessert we split the chocolate chip pecan pie - delicious!! The service was great, quite an enjoyable experience. I highly recommend Coconuts.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Went there the last day of our vacation and enjoyed it. At first we wanted to sit outside dockside, but after realizing how windy it was, we requested inside and were seated right away , no wait. Had a great app of quac, cheese spread and chips. He had the Lobster Roll (very good) , I had the fish tacos. A little disappointed as it had too much of a sauce, and the fish tasted of canned tuna. Also both were too sloppy to eat with our hands, but okay with a fork. But really enjoyed the "daily special" asparagus side. But we would return on our next trip to try something else and watch the sunset. Our waiter Corry was excellent. Dont really mind the 18 percent gratuity added on, as we usually tip more unless problems with the service. And we did tip more as he was very attentive. This place is a little off the beaten path, but away from the spring break crowds we found along the beach.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It had been years since I have eaten here, that last time being a mediocre experience. I must say that the new Coconuts is wonderful. Where shall I start? Okay, I usually start with drinks so half price bottles of wine on Monday and Tuesday is spectacular. The service was exceptional (Bret I believe, short brunette female). The food was good, well priced, and well portioned. We visit Lauderdale several times a year and I can assure you we will be going back to Coconuts on a routine basis. Go there if you have the chance