“Super Waterside Casual Dining Spot”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #17 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Super Waterside Casual Dining Spot”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is my second favorite waterside dining location in Fort Lauderdale. Near the art museum and downtown, as well as a short walk from the water taxi. Casual outdoor dining spot suitable for the family. Very good food. We had a short wait even though it was holiday season. I would definitely go here again.

Visited December 2012

Fla
“Excellent seafood in a casual waterfront setting”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Always a great value -about $50/person with gratuity

South Florida, Florida
“A very busy place”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were there for lunch at 1PM on a sunny Saturday and this place was packed. It is located on the inter-coastal water way in Fort Lauderdale. The menu is simple but has enough variety. I had the fish of the day, Mahi Mahi. The prices are reasonable and competitive. The food is served fast, you don't wait too long. For the fish, 2 beers and coffee it was $38. Since we were a table of 7 they automatically put the tip on the check. Skip the regular coffee, it is tainted water. A friend had the expresso however and it was good. They have valet parking. A pleasant place with a fairly young crowd. It must be very pleasant at happy hour too. We will be back.

• Visited February 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland, USA
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice in the last month. Each time I have come I have waited anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes to get in, which means that the food better be worth it for the wait, and it was. The food has been excellent! Everything I have ordered on the menu has been fantastic! The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is because of the waitress that served us both times. At each visit my table had the same server and her service was poor for a restaurant of this quality. I don’t believe she ever smiled. She rarely stopped by our table once we had ordered. On three different occasions someone at my table asked for something or wanted to ask for something and the waitress either didn’t bring it or was nowhere to be found. From my brief experience with the other staff at the restaurant and others review comments, this waitress seems to be an anomaly. Just be prepared to wait for a while to get in, but the food is worth it!

• Visited February 2013
Charlotte
“The Place in Ft. Lauderdale”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

On advice from a friend we ate there this past week. Views of the marina, lively atmosphere, terrific stone crabs, lively patrons. All one would want in a south Florida restaurant.

Visited February 2013