“Coconuts Grill”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #19 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Beach
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
“Coconuts Grill”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was great. A New Zealander who lives in Fort Lauderdale recommended us to this spot. We all had a wonderful night - eating the local fish and staff were great - made us welcome. Great night had by all. Top marks to them.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jill R

Staten Island, New York
“Overrated second time around”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We couldn't wait to eat at this restaurant again since our visit last year. Unfortunately, our previous positive opinion took a nosedive. We had no reservations and were willing to wait for the next available table. After about 10 minutes, we were told that we could have a table as long as we could be done in an hour b/c there were some previous reservations for the table. We agreed that wouldn't be a problem. What we didn't know was the food wouldn't come to the table for about 20 minutes and all in piecemeal. Sorry to say the food just didn't make the cut. Although the clam chowder looked appealing (see photo), it was not very tasty. The coconut shrimp was average, not as good as before, and the mac 'n' cheese was tasteless. However, the fish tacos were very good. To our surprise, an 18% gratuity charge was added to the tab -- perfectly acceptable had we been a large party, but we were three people. So, all in all, I hate to say we felt taken. We won't be visiting this restaurant again. :(

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“good food and romantic...”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I went there for dinner and even though the wait was going to be over an hour, I thought it was worth waiting for. We requested a table by the water and it was a really nice atmosphere. They had their bottles of wine 15% off that night so we decided to do that instead of ordering individual glasses. I ordered the fish tacos, which I heard they were famous for, along with ceviche, and some conch fritters for us to split. Everything was delicious and our service was really good. My only complaint is that they add a 15% gratuity on the check. We are normally 20% and I feel that should be conveyed to their customers just in case they don't happen to look at their check and then add more on. This was the only place we ran into this situation. All in all, a great expirience though.

Wisconsin
“nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stopped for a late lunch. The food was good. We shared the coconut shrimp appetizer (hot and tasty). I ordered the Po'boy sandwich special and my partner had the Jambalaya. His was a generous searing with a nice spice. The setting was lovely and was an easy walk for the water taxi stop. Both the host and the server had a bit of a cocky attitude (for reasons lost upon me), but they basically did their jobs.

• Visited October 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Doesn't get much better”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I can't believe we have never been to this place before, but we will be back (hubby wants to make it an every Sunday tradition). I figured with the great location & the amazing view, it would be touristy & terrible, but I was wrong. Doesn't get much better than having a nice glass of wine, nice music, very good food, great service, my doggies @ my feet, an amazing view watching a beautiful sunset & being with my hubby! Oh yeah & free parking on the beach.