“Doesn't get much better”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #17 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Doesn't get much better”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I can't believe we have never been to this place before, but we will be back (hubby wants to make it an every Sunday tradition). I figured with the great location & the amazing view, it would be touristy & terrible, but I was wrong. Doesn't get much better than having a nice glass of wine, nice music, very good food, great service, my doggies @ my feet, an amazing view watching a beautiful sunset & being with my hubby! Oh yeah & free parking on the beach.

• Visited November 2012

Kingston
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to Fort Lauderdale to see our daughters, decided to go to coconuts. The food was excellent, we tried a coulple of different specials that they had featured for the evening. We tried the garlic shrimp appetizer, as well as the fried grouper stuffed with crabmeat meat, there was also a scallop dish on special that had large and tender scallops. Off of the menu we had the crabcake entree as well as the fish tacos, and coconut shrimp. For dessert we also tried their keylime pie and cheese cake both of the desserts were fabulous. We enjoyed dinning by the water and seeing tarpon fish being fed! Service was really good, beer was ice cold just the way I like it!

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Boring Bland Brunch ~ Crap Service”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Friends and I met for brunch on a Sunday. Walked up put names down on never ending list and stood around for 45 minutes (waiting for first table available) while people who were on and not on the list got in and sat down. After questioning "what's going on" oh sorry your table is next. We should have just walked away and saved ourselves a very weak breakfast offering with service that said " we don't really care" just please overpay for undercooked poorly seasoned food. Just skip it !

Visited November 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Not to disappoint, excellent”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Another positive review.
Excellent service, friendly staff. Great atmosphere.
We had their crab claws for starters, fantastic!
Followed by clam chowder, extremely good as well.
The main courses were not to disappoint, coconut shrimp, and crab cakes, both generous portions and very little filling with crab cakes, mainly crab = wonderful!
A great dinner, friendly casual atmosphere all with a beautiful view.
A great place!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Maybe it was a bad night?”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The service was good, but the food not so much. They were having a ribeye special and a pasta special which I asked the waitress which would be best and she recommended the ribeye (which was more expensive by the way). So I went with the ribeye based on her recommendation. What a huge disappointment. It was over cooked and very fatty. A little fat is understandable but half of the steak was pure fat. Very cheap cut of meat. It came with one side (which the choices were slim). No salad options or potato options so I chose mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was good, but nothing else about the meal was. No bread offered. Just a bad steak and a small side of mac and cheese and the meal was $30 before drink, tip or tax. Maybe it was a bad night, but I doubt I will go here again. The menu options were very small also. Not much to choose from. The employees were friendly so this was good. Maybe they just need some new cooks?

Visited November 2012