“Only OK”

Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
surf city new jersey
“Only OK”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Hotel is OK. Looked clean and pretty! However, Be extra cautious that your bathroom is IN your bedroom. An old vinyl curtain is the only separation between the bathroom and the bedroom. Yuck. Very unsanitary. Yes, the bathroom is inside the bedroom. I am looking to move ASAP! The staff is very polite and professional. But the review is negative because of the bathroom

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sekzam
Sekzam,

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that the WC in your room didn’t meet you expectations, but I’m glad that you found our team polite. We wish you safe travels on your future visits.

LBosco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,165)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Really disappointing!
A water view that is mostly the Hilton

A shower with no curtain

A bathroom with no door

A phone charger that us out of date

$500 for 1 night

A demolition derby for a car
entrance

A cheesey hair dryer

A crowded and sloppy pool with unpicked up trash

An internet hookup that doesn't work

Somebody should rescue this place!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank MichaelSherman
MichaelSherman,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay, though I’m sorry to hear that your visit did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared your review with our team for further review, in hopes of improving future guests’ stays.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great location in the middle of Fort Lauderdale central beach. We first had a flat facing south and changed to an ocean-front-view suite. The interior in both rooms was modern and well designed and the ocean views from the cool corner suites are breathtaking. All staff from reception to pool attendance to cleaning were more than friendly and made us feel welcome all the time. There were only two little glitches where a morning request had not been taken care of during the day and needed to be requested again. All in all, a great stay – thanks!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwl,

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I’m glad our team was able to make you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your room. While I’m sorry to hear about your challenge with a request, I’m glad the team was able to address it in the end. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The W Fort Lauderdale strives to be your home away from home. I have enjoyed my many visits there. It is like visiting with family.

Front desk staff, servers and bartenders are all such friendly people.
The rooms are very hip, especially the corner oceanfront rooms which are my favorite.

The hotel has the best steakhouse in Ft. Lauderdale right on site. Great meals from breakfast to dinner. The bar is a great place to hang and meet people.

There are two pools.....one is usually pretty crowded...the other not so much.

You can't beat the location...the beach is right across the street....and all the best shopping and restaurants are just a few minutes drive and the traffic is much better than you find in Miami.

Room Tip: Choose corner rooms, oceanfront on higher floor...they have their own patios if you don't feel l...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Nh54,

Thank you so much for joining us again, we appreciate your loyalty! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay – from the service and your room, to Steak 954 and WET. We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the W Hotel using my SPG points. I was expecting a room in the back overlooking the " The garden, I was wrong. We were given a room on the 20th floor overlooking the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
Very clean, modern, nice clean robes in the bathroom; everything you expect from a SPG member hotel.
The staff very knowledgeable and friendly.
Location, great right at the beach and within walking distance to great restaurants and shops.
The pool area and bar very nice. And comfortable , even though this day was very windy and a bit cool.
My only comment is the darkness of the aisles and stairs, specially for older folks such as my wife and I.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view, ask for specials. If you like Bubba Gumps Restaurant. Is near by great fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Elviajero980,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your recent visit – thanks for sharing! It’s wonderful to hear you like your room with a view and had a chance to explore the city a bit. Thank you for your feedback regarding the lighting; we appreciate it. We hope your travels bring you back our way again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This my hotel of choice super clean, rooms are immaculate, customer service is the best,the ambiance is excellent and the food is delicious Just a wonderful experience all around.I would definitely stay here again. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
chicho713,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Washington, DC
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I can be particularly over-critical of hotels, as I travel quite a bit for work.
I must say, this hotel has far exceeded my expectations. I have had two other splendid stays in 15 years of work travel, and this one may surpass them both. Although there was a slight delay for my room during a 5pm check-in, the room's corner balcony and splendid view are both worth it. I was welcomed as if a VIP at check-in, and everyone has been nothing but nice.
I look forward to many returns to this hotel.

Room Tip: Tower One, ocean facing rooms are top notch.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Scott M,

Wow, thank you for such a stellar review! I am so thrilled to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed view from your balcony. We look forward to welcoming you again, for business or leisure!