WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #19 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Warm welcome, Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We are local and went to celebrate our little boy's birthday last weekend. He loves hotels and we got a great deal for a one night stay. I called beforehand to ask if there was anything they could put in the room to make him feel special (like balloons) and spoke with Jerry from the Concierge. He told me they would do something for him.

On check-in both of our kids were greeted warmly with very cool alligator lollipops. The hotel has a very cool design and decor and the front desk is located on the 4th floor. We were given a Spectacular room, and even though it was only a partial ocean view, it was beautiful! The room was a nice size, beds were comfy. The best part was when room service brought our complimentary birthday amenity for our little guy...a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies that were so yummy and an awesome stuffed alligator! Many of the staff also signed two cards with birthday greetings...that was very sweet! He had a such a great time and is already talking about returning to the W hotel.

The only negative for us was the valet...$30 a night...ouch!

Thanks to the wonderful W team for making our son's birthday weekend even more special!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank KBM4
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
KBM4,

First of all – Happy Birthday to your little guy, and thank you for celebrating with us! I’m so happy that our team was able to make his day all the more special. We hope you all had your fill of fun and cookies, and hope to see you again soon.

LBosco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,100)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was here fore a weekend getaway. I was upgraded to a corner suite, with two balconies and a large living area. It was beautiful!! The beds are extremely comfortable. I was able to watch the sunrise over the ocean every morning. The staff were fantastic. I recommend the Living Room and pool bar patios for drinks and snacks. Steak 954 was amazing. And I listen to the ocean as I fell asleep each night. I also love the alligators on the beds.

My only complaint is that the air conditioning unit was so loud, I could not really enjoy the balcony off my bedroom. But the other one was great.

Room Tip: You cannot go wring with an ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank B M
B M,

Thank you for your review – I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade and had some time to experience the hotel from WET to Steak954. It’s unfortunate to hear about the a/c noise – if you’d like to email (GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com) us your reservation information we’d be happy to have our team investigate the unit in hopes of improving future guests’ stays. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Im here on a girls trip wanted to spend some time with my daughter..So we pull up and the vallet take your car but wait you have to pay 33.00 plus tax.. i can see charging a little fee but thats just ridicioulous... i walk in the lobby is very pretty the staff is very nice... so i asked the guy does my room have a view??? He said partial view,I said ok anything avaliable??? he said i can upgrade you to a ocean view room for 25 a night so i said ok... i asked its a full view he said yes!!! but he forgot to tell me about the big wide pole on the balcony. Im not one to argue but i have to say im disappointed so far.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Denise N
Denise N,

I’m so sorry to hear that your room accommodations didn’t meet your expectations. We certainly want you to enjoy your girls’ getaway! Please feel free to email us at GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com so we can further discuss your experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is a very nice place to stay regardless of which room you are in. However, if you are able to book a room facing the ocean that has an extended balcony, grab it ! The extended balconies are located on the upper floors. It is absolutely wonderful to sit outside on your private deck and soak up the sun. Better yet, is sitting on the balcony at night watching the stars. The balcony comes with reclining deck chairs which are very comfortable. I could have slept outside on one of them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean with an extended balcony that opens up to the sky are wonderful !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim V,

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you were able to soak up the sun and stargaze from your balcony – sounds like a wonderful way to take in the scene. We hope your travels bring you back our way soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My recent stay at this W has set a new standard to which I rate other hotels. Here’s why:

- The best staff ever! (banquet managers and front desk, to the dude behind the bar with the braces) – everyone was helpful, personable, attentive, friendly, etc.
- Cool hotel! I like that it’s dark with progressive décor, and the kind of music I like
- Bed! Holy comfortable. Slept better than at home
- Towels – not many people mention them, but they were nice for after showering. Not sandpaper like other hotel, yet absorbent.
- Location - perfect

In short, everything was great, but the highlight was the awesome people that work at the W Ft. Lauderdale – bravo.

Lastly, if you have won the lottery or you are a celebrity, stay in the eWOW suite on the 24th floor. Words can’t describe how breathtaking it is…

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
user098765,

Wow – thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from hotel décor and staff, to the location and signature W Bed. We hope to see you again soon!

Mill Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had a birthday party at the hotel. Everything was handled beautifully and professionally. The guest rooms were awesome. The views are great. Exactly what I expect from the W hotel. Guests were greeted with gift bags. Staff was always helpful and courteous. It was pricey, but it was worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda P
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Amanda P,

I’m so glad your Birthday Party plans went well! Thanks for celebrating with us. We hope your guests had an amazing time and would love to welcome you back again for future celebrations or getaways. Until then…safe travels!

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was responsible for hosting a Meeting for 250 participants at the W Hotel in Fort Lauderdale and our experience was sensational. The design of the beach front hotel with private Ocean view balconies as well as the friendly staff made this meeting the best ever. Our employees are now fully motivated to kick off the new year. Meeting rooms all had windows overlooking the beach, the food was delicious and Steve, our W Hotel Account person" was pro-active in ensuring that all our needs were met. I would strongly recommend this venue for anyone who wants to host a successful meeting that will motivate their participants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
marc248,

Thank you so much for your kind review – it’s wonderful to hear that your meeting was fused with excitement and that your team now feels fully motivated! I’m also happy to hear that our team was able to elevate your experience. We surely hope to see you again soon!