“"W" stands for WOW”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Excellent location on Fort Lauderdale beach. Keep in mind that this place is actually across the street from the beach. The place is ultra chic and trendy. Excellent service from everyone !! Valets, Front Desk, Bellman, Room Service, EVERYONE was helpful, friendly, and professional. Rooms are very cool and very upscale. Views of ocean and city were excellent. Bedding was fantastically comfortable.
It was not a problem for me, but there is little privacy in the room, including the bathroom. The shower wall, facing the room, is clear glass....yes, think honeymoon style. The dividing wall to toilet is also glass, but etched so you have a tiny bit of privacy.
Everything was great. The only issue i saw was that the the room seemed "loud". Had some wind noise, and i could clearly hear people talking in the hallway. The place is first class all the way, and i strongly recommend that you spend some time here. I cant wait to return, next time i will stay longer. If this review helps your planning, please leave me a helpful vote...ENJOY

Room Tip: High floors have the best view. Ocean view is great during the day, but city view is best at night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Slayridez06,

I’m so thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and so many elements of the hotel. And it’s great to know that so many members of our team were able to amplify your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back, for that longer stay!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I can't say enough about my last stay at the W Ft Lauderdale! The hotel itself looks beautiful, smells beautiful and has the most gracious staff going! It seems to me that although Ryan Thomas' job is titled "W Insider" his role is to make guests happy!! He shopped for hard to find souvenirs for me while I relaxed by the pool! Unbelievable! Concierge information and assistance was extremely helpful and polite. Pool service was phenomenal - toasted smores over the fire wok, anyone?
Beautiful beach and wonderful hotel experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

e b,

What a great review – thanks for sharing! I’m so glad our W Insider and Concierge team were able to elevate your experience and that you got to take part in our Resort Programming, roasting marshmallows by the fire pit. We hope your travels bring you back our way soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I traveled to the Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood / Miami metro area for the CruiseWorld conference in early November and decided to stay in a different hotel every night. As a travel agent, it’s always best to sample as many hotels in a given area so you know what to recommend and what to steer clear from!

•Full review with 50+ pics at StaffaTravel.com•

I highly recommend the W Fort Lauderdale. Check-in was a breeze and I was treated very well as a Starwood Preferred Guest. The styling of the W’s in general is modern which I love, but this location tries and succeeds in feeling “Southern Florida”. Every lighting fixture in the entire hotel serves a design purpose, it’s fabulous.

The hotel is located a few miles away from the convention center so if you’re looking to stay here while attending a conference, a rental car is a must. It’s also about a 15-minute drive from the FLL airport. It is located directly across the street from the Fort Lauderdale beach and has plenty of restaurants & bars that are walkable along Route A1A. A great location for the vacationer.

The pool is huge and, well, clear. As you walk up from the lobby to the pool, you literally climb through the pool. As you walk up the stairs you can see through plexiglass around the entire pool. Only pictures can explain it. The entire pool area, complete with fire pit and at least a hundred chairs was truly a destination in and of itself.

My room was sexy. That is, if you are traveling with a significant other, or traveling solo. The only shower in the bathroom has one wall that is totally clear so that whoever is in the bedroom can see the person in the shower.

Super sexy for those truly in love, but for 2 business partners traveling together? Awkward! Make sure you don’t have this type of room before you book.

No review of mine would be complete without some room for improvement. The signage outside the hotel is terrible. Unless you’re looking at your GPS while driving, you will drive right by the hotel.

Lastly, you are forced to use their valet at $33 per day. I felt really robbed by this. This is the sole reason this review was a 4 instead of 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Unless with significant other, make sure your bathroom has a wall!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BrianStaffa

BrianStaffa,

Thank you for your review – it’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit, from the hotel design to the location. And great point about the peek-a-boo showers! Next time you’re staying with us, feel free to dial Whatever/Whenever and they’ll bring up a privacy curtain – or venture into our double bed rooms where the peek-a-boo shower is equipped with privacy shutters. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

All the best

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My bf and I stayed there for our vacation last week. It was an amazing stay. I worked at the hotel as well and my bf is a platinum number, so we got a upgraded room. The bathroom is huge and have a nice balcony. The front desk upon checking in is really nice. Her number is Christin. She was very helpful, not only told me all the features of the hotel, but also he mentioned everything for the Starwood hotels, green choice, everything. Also another front desk agent, Branoon Lockamy is awesome as well. He was very nice, helpful. The staff made our vacation really nice and the service is fantistic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

SerenaShen,

I’m so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that so many of our Talent members made a positive impact on your visit. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The W hotel concept was great when it started. Urban cool design, good energy and character. The W Ft. Lauderdale feel more like a Vegas or Disney take on "hip". Is a hotel bar hipper if you call it Living Room and then ironically size it up to arena proportions? Is it cool when the music in the lobby is so loud that you have to scream at the receptionist in order to check in? Not in my book. But the drunken masses in the "Living Room" seemed to love it. Enjoy.
PS: the room was very nice, the staff friendly the steak house on the first floor over-priced

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Malte S

Malte S,

Thank you for your review, we certainly appreciate your feedback. While I’m sorry to hear that not all of the aspects of your stay met your expectations, I’m glad you found the room and our team enjoyable. We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The W is a nice, modern hotel with a cool vibe and is perfect for a young crowd. It's nicely located with great views out on to the beach. At check it seemed we had arrived a day early for our one night booking but in fairness to the staff they honoured the booking for that night. The hotel is quite large and the walk to the rooms is a bit out of the way because of the lay out...concierge assisted with our bags but on arrival, despite our room being a decent size, it felt somewhat clinical and bare. It's quite minimalist in style, which is fine, but I felt it was not as comfortable as it should have been considering the price. On the up side, the pastries, coffees and fruit served from the cafe in the mornings are nice and the steak restaurant in the hotel is absolutely top notch.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ROC2013

ROC2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we certainly appreciate it! I’m glad to hear that our Welcome team was able to accommodate the change in your reservation and that you enjoyed the W Café. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

TA allows me to post my honest reviews so hold on... The W in Atlanta was bad, The W in New Orleans was awful, the W in Miami was full of themselves. The W Fort Lauderdale wants to be a St Regis! It's not...it's modern, it's tasty, its spacious, it's the hip hotel we hated to leave! Great food, friendly staff, wonderful pool, and honestly one of the best beds I've sept on! I can't wait to return to my Fort Lauderdale condo. The W Fort Lauderdale! Ok- the bad, afternoon coffee service in the bar kinda sucked and 5% of the staff could be more proactive. But, I believe they will dial it in! Keep it up W!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew_Destin
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Andrew_Destin,

Thank you for your review – I’m glad you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Until then…safe travels!