“Above and Beyond”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A fantastic three day and two night getaway in Fort Lauderdale to celebrate my wife's birthday. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a nicer room and sent a bday bottle of wine from the charming Andrew at the front desk. He wrote a very nice card to accompany the complimentary bottle. The room was clean, modern and as with all W Hotels a great blend of contemporary styles. From hanging poolside to lounging around the fire on the "living room" deck, the hotel was accommodating and comfortable. We had a late night flight out and were given access to a 'hospitality suite' where we were able to clean the sand out of our ears and change into some travel attire. In room dining didn't meet the same mark of quality or service that we experienced the rest of our stay, but all in all the experience of the W Ft Lauderdale went above and beyond all expectations.

Room Tip: Tower 1 High level south facing rooms get you a view of the sunset and the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Max K,

First of all, Happy Birthday to your wife and thank you for celebrating with us! I’m so glad that our team helped make the celebration memorable. I’ve shared your comment regarding the hospitality suite with our team as well, in hopes of improving future guests’ experience. We hope to welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights last weekend as part of a golf trip. The W staff was REALLY great, from the front desk folks to the valet guys to the various staff simply walking around the hotel doing their job but still taking the time to say hello, to hold a door, and even the W property ambassador who introduced himself to us in the elevator, handed us his card, and asked us to get in touch if he could help in any way. I've always appreciated the Starwoods brand hospitality, but this really was a notch above that. Kudos to the W Ft Lauderdale!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Gary D,

Thank you for the kudos, it’s much appreciated! It’s wonderful to hear that our team was able to elevate your stay. We hope you enjoyed your golf trip and that your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

What a splendid stay I had last week, on a business trip, at the W. Hospitality was delightful and helpful throughout my stay. The lobby is exquisite -- modern yet warm, with fountains, many spaces in which to work or have a drink -- and the rooms are splendid. I enjoyed a room with a nice ocean view, and I worked from sunrise on the deck, lying in my comfy chaise lounge. Only minor quibbles: the TVs are tiny for a W and for a room the size of those at this W, and the bathtub faucet wasn't working perfectly. Initially, I was placed in a room with bad elevator noise, but I was moved quickly upon request. A lovely stay, and I'll be back! (Probably also great for vacations).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

milyMartha,

thank you for your review! I’m glad we were able to make your business trip all the more comfortable and hope to have the chance to welcome you back for leisure soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for a 3 day weekend, very nice thank you, BUT, they charged us 5 days for parking when we were there 3 days. How does that happen ???? 31 dollars a day mandatory parking, It's a great place but watch your billing carefully. Hotels like this really priced us out of South Beach and Ft Lader, Its cheaper to fly to the Caribbean. Yes they did return the 2 days parking fees after a week or so but really........

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Runswim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to hear of the challenges you encountered regarding billing for Wheels. I’m glad the issue was resolved, but should you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Overall a wonderful place to stay and have a nice vacation. Amazing beach view from the hotel, very close to nice restaurants on the beach side. I would go back to this hotel any day.
Can have better breakfast options.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Subramani Y,

Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate the feedback and have made note of your breakfast suggestion. Until we see you again…safe travels.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I really enjoy this hotel. As a W property - it tends to have attractive people working there. The great part about that here is that they are really nice, friendly, sharp and accomodating.
All of the rooms I have stayed in before are bright and breezy.
Note, since it is a W- the elevators are dark and this hotel definitely caters to the young or young at heart generation with bright colors, thumping music at times and a modern decor.
The front desk staff is polished and friendly. I have to say the folks at the parking/valet as well were really outgoing and fun to chat with.
The bed is comfy with soft linens and a cute stuffed toy on top giving a playful spirit to your stay. We dined both in the hotel bar with friendly folks and a alluring cocktail staff as well as the Steak 954 for breakfast. The service at the restaurant was great- so accomodating and the omelet was divine. This was the friendliest W I ever encountered, I even extended my stay! Check it out- right across from the ocean!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner apartment for a full separate kitchen/dining/sitting area- for a small upgrade i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kimberly W

Kimberly W,

What a wonderful review! It’s great that you enjoyed the bed, our signature alligator and Steak 954. I’m also thrilled that our Talent made such a positive impact on your trip. We hope to welcome you back again soon for business, or leisure!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our extended family of 11 converged on the W Ft Lauderdale for the Thanksgiving weekend. It was beyond great! The W beds are always the best, the hotel is cutting edge beautiful, the restaurant is not to be missed, and the staff couldn't have been better. Our room (called a Flat) was fabulous! It had a gorgeous gourmet kitchen. Not that I was planning to cook on vacation, but when everyone came back to our room to watch Thanksgiving football, I could serve snacks and HOT cookies. The staff was professional and friendly and all knew our names after one introduction. Amazing! We had to make last minute changes to our Thanksgiving dinner reservations. The concierge found a wonderful "locals" Italian restaurant that was a Zagat rated jewel. All 11 were thrilled with their meals...4 traditional Thanksgiving dinners and the rest phenomenal Italian (house made pasta and ridiculous bruschetta) and fresh fish meals. The 2 pools at the W are great. We sat in cabanas at one pool that had flat screen TV's. My husband and the kids (they're all college aged or older) used the gym and said it was very well equipped. And so my husband and I are returning (alone) to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of December...GOING BACK to the W and to that Italian restaurant (Serafina). I HIGHLY recommend it!

Room Tip: I you can upgrade to a flat...do it. If not, the regular rooms are very inviting.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Ilene M,

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your stay. It’s wonderful to hear that your whole family – all 11 of you – enjoyed the stay. It’s also great to know you were able to experience the pools and a great local restaurant. We hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving and can’t wait to welcome you back in December.