“Very nice stay”

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a work seminar in early July and was very pleased. Hotel was very nice and clean, pleasant staff, and located directly across the street from the beach. I had an upgraded room with a very large balcony. The conference rooms were great as well - facing the ocean and providing great natural light throughout the day's meetings. I treated myself to the spa one evening, which was also lovely. I would recommend this hotel for both a vacation and/or group meeting.

• Stayed July 2013
Lauren0421,

I’m glad you were able to mix a little business with pleasure during your last visit! Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon… for business or leisure!

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,167)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is not the fault of the hotel but I always find W to be trying too hard to be cool, hip and trendy. If you are any of those you don't need to try so hard.
CHECK IN was efficient although a bit robotic. You might find a torch useful to navigate through the common areas as you could be forgiven for thinking there had been a massive power cut or you were in a cellar. 'mood' lighting.
ROOM was very nice. Full ccoean view with balcony. The balcony was rather narrow though meaning that it could only accomodate the sun lounger sideways and behind a pillar.
Even though the road is right outside the sound proofing is excellent.
It is all a bit clever though and made me feel like I was visiting a wealthy relative and had to be careful where I sat and what I did in the room. Not very cozy - chic and stylish yes. As I said - trying just a little bit too hard.
GYM was excellent. Very good equipment and well laid out as were the pool areas.
DINING options are limited. There is a very good steak house which served delicious food, wonderful service and a price to match.
SERVICE - this is what makes it outstanding. Faultless throughout the hotel.

There are so many good points about this hotel I don't understand why I didn't enjoy it more.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view. That is stunning. You can have a view of a parking lot any day of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
JCBR141,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. I’m glad to see you enjoyed Steak 954 and our other amenities, and that our service met your expectations.

Cayman Islands
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great hotel and up to the high standard of the W, chic, modern with staffing willing to go the extra mile. Even thought I arrived at 11AM my room was ready. I was only there for one day to meet some friends but we were having such a good time we never left the hotel. The lemon drop martini is a must!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sara J,

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and the martinis! Hopefully you can visit for a bit longer next time.

Cheers,
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a very good experience at the hotel. Very clean and modern features. Also located directly on the beach which was a plus. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. Would recommend this hotel to many people looking to stay in Ft. Lauderdale

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Kennyi69
Kennyi69,

Thanks for your review and the kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

All the best
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel using points prior to a cruise on Allure, got in really early from NYC and the staff where super friendly and buzzing with energy. They took our bags and told us they'd call once the room was ready we headed out to shop and walk around for while, they offered to drive us in the Acura but we had time to kill so decided to walk. After a few hours got a call room was ready maybe it was 11 am which is nice for such a large hotel, room had a partial ocean view and a great set up, just like the rest of the hotel super sleek and modern.

Loved everything about the place from the pools to the dinning options and location. Went for late night drinks in the living room and breakfast at steak 954 and both where really great.

This is not for someone looking to stay on a budget but a nice place to fell young and hip with a great central location in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rlpolobear9,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You took some amazing photos! I’m glad our team was able to assist you and that you found Fort Lauderdale and our hotel to be entertaining. Until next time… safe travels!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently stayed here for a work trip and got amazing service. Every staff member was attentive and helpful.. And cant beat the view even when it was raining it didn't matter because the view made it feel like the ocean was right outside my room. As if you are planning on doing an event or conference here its a must they banquet staff was so helpful and friendly I wanted for nothing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rhinestoned,

I’m happy to hear your business stay went well, and thank you for recognizing our banquet team; we’ll be sure to pass along the kudos! Hopefully you can visit again soon, for business or leisure!

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been to many W's. First, my husband and I were married at the W South Beach so we LOVE the W Hotel Brand. We have also stayed many times at W in Chicago and Washington DC. This was our first time at W- Ft. Lauderdale. We took our two sons (2 years & 4 months) on a vacation to Ft. Lauderdale over the holiday. We had a great time at W Ft. Lauderdale! Staff were so friendly and seemed genuinely interested in us and assisting us in having a nice stay at the hotel. We are Starwood Gold Members which allows us to have some additional amenities while we stay at the hotel - we chose free WIFI while during our stay. The pools were beautiful and the location on the beach is awesome. We hung out in the "living room" while we ate breakfast which was beautiful and nice for people watching. The hotel is close enough to Las Olas Blvd to walk to the festivities but also far enough away to enjoy some peace and quiet while the kids slept. We ended up watching the fireworks from the balcony in our room - amazing!! Thank you W!! This was a memorable family vacation. :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in Tower II and had views of the ocean & the intra-coastal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SaucenBull,

We can’t thank you enough for your continued support of the W Hotels brand. I’m glad your family enjoyed their stay and that you found the Living Room conformable. We hope to welcome you all back again soon!