“Very nice”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many resorts but this hotel, interior-wise is one of the most beautiful I've been to. The hotel itself is just cool. The service was mostly good except requests for towels, room service, turn down service etc took awhile. Foods expensive but delicious. The pool area is beautiful. Drinks are good. Gym is nice but a bit sub-par for such a renowned brand and a luxury resort. The hotel is in a great location. I'd recommend this hotel depending on the price. I wouldn't pay over $400 per standard room here. If you like this I'd recommend the Ritz-Carlton resort in South Beach

• Stayed: March 2013
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

VDMoutevelis – We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with all of the TripAdvisor loyalists. We especially love hearing from a Senior Contributor. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the dynamic design and bold décor of the property. I have shared your feedback about your style service with our management team and we are researching this information in an effort to offer consistent service to our future guests. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Poor management--Great Corporate Support to make up for it.
Needed Heat--instead we got a fire at 3 AM Dust in duct went up in smoke as they are not used to heat. Response poor. Left us old shampoo and conditioner (used by last occupant) as well. Asked to have room made up early next day, never happened.
W Hotels trying to make up for it--greatly appreciated--the hotel ruinded our trip

Room Tip: Oceanfront, but beware
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Benjy56
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Benjy56 – Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is disappointing to read about the opportunities you experienced while here. These are certainly not the kinds of memories we want our guests to leave with. I am happy to know our corporate support team was able to assist in addressing the issues you encountered during your stay. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again and give you the true W Fort Lauderdale experience you deserve.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at W Hotel FLL right after the opening and had a wonderful 5 Star experience. Returned soon after for another wonderful stay.
The Corner Room is the way to go! Wonderful, spacious, great Bathroom ultimate relaxing experience.
This time it was just OK. The rooms are in need of a deep cleaning. The Restaurant needs a system were the Guest information at check in gets forwarded to the server. And you would hope after a 5 day stay the Hostess would somehow recognize you.

The location is still wonderful but the hotel needs a boost to get it’s sparkle back.
Valet Parking is still the very best. Sharp, fast, humble and caring! Well done!

The Spa had no available Massages in 4 days. No one ever called to follow up.

Room Tip: Cool Corner!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank T J

T J – Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to hear you have visited us several times since opening and find our Wheels team to be the best. It is disappointing to read about the other areas of the hotel that did not meet your expectations on your most recent visit. We would welcome the opportunity to chat with you in further details about your stay. Please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just got back from staying 5 nights at W Fort Lauderdale. Here is my opinion in a nutshell. Location is great (across the street from the beach). Two bedroom flats are very spacious and comfortable. Can not understand, why would you have a glass wall in a shower room. Absolutely no privacy. They probably spent a lot of money in designing rooms and this is the best idea they come up with? If you staying with kids or anybody, wouldn't you want some privacy? The door to a bathroom is also made of glass (not a see through). Another great idea (not). If you need to use a bathroom during the night the light shines right through out the room. It woke up my wife. The water in a bathroom sink took 10 minutes to drain. Parking is almost $32 a day. There is no other place to park (no self parking). When I complained about the price the response was "Well, we are cheaper than Ritz Carlton down the road." I will take their word for it. You got me. We were entitled to a $50 daily credit to their Steak 954 restaurant. Upon our check out I noticed that the credit was not reflected on my bill. It was convenietly omitted. However, they did not omitt my parking charges. That they remembered. One last thing. The housekeeper was knocking on our door every morning around 8:30 am. How many times do we have to tell them we are here on vacation, no 8:30 am knocks. Overall hotel staff is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The views are great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike W

Mike W – Thank you for sharing your review. I am happy to know you enjoyed our convenient beach location and your spacious W Flat. It is disappointing to hear about the discrepancy with your guest bill. If this has not been corrected, please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com so we can rectify this as soon as possible. I have also shared your feedback about your early morning wakeup with our Director of Style. We appreciate our leisure travelers like to enjoy a restful morning. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my first overnight trip to Fort Lauderdale and I stayed at the fine W Hotel. I had stayed at the W in Miami the night before so it was nice to see the differences.
I was here for work so I had a bit more utilitarian needs: plugs for devices, space to hang clothes, comfortable bed, and quiet. For the most part the W delivered. My room was handsome with a great view south of the ocean and the beach. Comfortable bed. Small-ish bathroom (glass box shower) but nicely laid out. Clean. No issues. Generally quiet, although Ft. Lauderdale itself can be a bit annoying. Even though I was on a high floor, I could hear idiots shooting off fireworks at 4am a few blocks away. Not the W's fault of course.

The restaurant was, suspiciously, pretty tasty. Great wine list and they prepare a pretty outstanding steak. Sat outside in March and had dinner: always a good thing.

The only real issue is Ft. Lauderdale. And maybe it's because it's March, but once you step off property you encounter packs of drunken kids who only yell "wooooo!"
So, if you are stuck in FTL (do people call it that?) I would totally stay at the W Hotel. Enjoyed my short time there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Happyrobot – Thank you for taking to time to write about your recent business trip to W Fort Lauderdale. I am happy to hear you enjoyed dining at STEAK954 and your guest room provided all the features you needed. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel on the Fort Lauderdale Beach strip is a classic W. If you like the W vibe you will love it. Not a great place for families. When it is crowded (like at spring break time), the beach is actually too narrow and crowded. On another note, I also have to say that when we arrived, the staff was not busy but we had to handle our own luggage because the guys were too busy talking and the front desk staff was curt to the point of rude.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A2freqtrav

A2freqtrav – Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to W Fort Lauderdale. While it is lovely to read you enjoyed the W Vibe, it is disappointing to read our Wheels team and Welcome Desk did not meet your service expectations. These are certainly not the kinds of memories we want our guests to leave with. I have shared this valuable feedback with our management team and they are utilizing it as a training tool for our talent. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. Please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com. Thank you again, we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We were treated like celebrities from the minute we pulled up to the hotel. The service by everyone is amazing!!!
The view we had was overlooking the pool and the beautiful ocean.
The service at the pool was amazing.
Everybody was so friendly and the good was delicious.
We ate at Steak 954 in the hotel and again, perfect. The food, service and atmosphere were unbelievable. They have a 15 ft. Jelly fish aquarium which is amazing.

• Stayed: March 2013
JDoucette, Public Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

BONNIE O – Thanks for the amazing review. It was our pleasure to host you for your recent getaway to W Fort Lauderdale. I am so excited to read you felt like a true insider from the moment you arrived. We can’t wait to welcome you back again.